*I just got braced!* I am official!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lildreamer

*I just got braced!* I am official!

#1 Post by lildreamer »

hey everyone,
just thought i would say that i am now an official metal mouth. They are starting to hurt now after an hour and a bit .. ow.
My main concern is the fact that when i bite down my top 2 front teeth are hitting the bottom brackets! I dont have any form of an overbite so i am wondering why this is..
I asked my ortho at the end and she said it wont when the teeth become straight .. but i am having doubts if this is case.. i dont know! :(

well .. im off to take some painkillers :)
Last edited by lildreamer on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quirky Girl

#2 Post by Quirky Girl »

:banana: Congratulations!!! :banana:

jordanna

#3 Post by jordanna »

Hey lildreamer - I had the same problem with my top teeth hitting my bottom teeth and my ortho just put something on my back molars that stopped me from biting down all the way. You can see pictures of it on my blog as reference if you're curious.

I would worry that you are A) going to damage your teeth by constantly hitting the brackets below and B) your brackets are eventually gonna come off from the constant pressure on them?
:pinkbraces: Feel free to check out my braces blog by clicking on WWW icon below - I'd love to have you drop by! :pinkbraces:

lildreamer

#4 Post by lildreamer »

I know- it really hurts too! is it possible to re-position brackets once their on? its just so weird as i have no overbite or deepbite ..
I would hate to have those scary looking bite turbos!
thanks for the replies so far :D

CactusZAF

#5 Post by CactusZAF »

Hey there lildreamer, welcome to the club!
To quote some invaluable advice bestowed upon me recently "If in doubt, call your ortho and let him/her decide what to do (after all that's what you're paying for).

discomom

#6 Post by discomom »

Congratulations!! I will be joining you in the "official" club in 6 days. I hope that your pain isn't too awful~!! Take care! Lori

Chiwawamom

#7 Post by Chiwawamom »

Hello there, Welcome to the wonderful world of braces!!!!! I had the same problem when my lowers were put on last Wednesday. My uppers hit my lowers and my back teeth didnt even meet at all. It's been a week and all is good for the most part. It took about 4 days for there to be enough movement for my back teeth to meet and my uppers not to hit my lowers. It takes time but your teeth will move and it won't be so bad. Most importantly keep a posative additude and it will get better and better. :D

lildreamer

#8 Post by lildreamer »

Thanks for the replies :) They still hit a bit but im gonna wait it out for a bit like people have suggested .. the ortho is literally round the corner anyway so if things dont improve i will be there! Day 2 is ok.. cant chew at all but ive learnt the art of chewing with my tongue ! and brushing takes like half an hour :shock:

Thanks for the support :D

KathyC

#9 Post by KathyC »

Congratulations! Due to a mess up at the Ortho's office I didn't get braced yesterday like I was supposed to but I did get my molar bands. I will be "Official" in 5 days. I hope you don't have too much pain. I'll look forward to hearing about your journey.

jenni11

#10 Post by jenni11 »

Congrats and welcome, They really aren't kidding though when they say eat soft foods! Hang in there it gets better.