Elastics OUCH

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

user

Elastics OUCH

#1 Post by user »

OK so the unbearable pain / can't eat / can't sleep has only happened to me twice before (when I first got braces and after one particularly tight new archwire). But now I have elastics, one each side and one that goes on front teeth at night in a box shape. It's to correct open bite and something like overbite or overjet (I don't really get any info from my ortho about the termanology for these things).

So I couldn't sleep last night and today I'm so tired at work but I can't yawn, and speaking is a real work out too, hmmm. Anyone else had similar elastics, will it get better?

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

It almost always gets better.

After a while, you will feel incomplete without your elastics in your mouth. They really do work so wear them as prescribed!!!!! The pain and annoyance will fade in a short while.

I had class II elastics, inverted V and upper 7's to lower 7's. Not the same as you, but definately a mouth full!! They all worked beautifully. :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm