ortho in OC/SoCal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

avj

ortho in OC/SoCal?

#1 Post by avj »

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here.
Thank God I found this forum, it's really useful and everyone seems so packed with knowledge :D

I needed braces to correct my underbite, and lately my lower left wisdom tooth is out (I'm 20). It's half erupted now.
The wisdom tooth has been pushing all teeth, so now they're all have shifted to the right.. =( which make it more complicated.

I have browsed through the forum, but didn't find any ortho referral in OC/South California :?

Any of you have recommendation of an ortho in this area? And with the price they gave you if you wouldnt mind?
I'm desperately looking for the right one for me.
Patient, really know what he/she is doing, wouldnt mind spending time explaining to me of every option available for my case, would happily answers my questions, and wouldnt rip off my pocket..
Thank you! :wink:

avj

#2 Post by avj »

hm.. I live in Irvine, but Im willing to drive farther if someone know ortho that is that good.
I know a friend that's afraid of her ortho. He would be kinda upset if my friend ask many questions and he acts like "What? you dont believe in me? you're afraid that I made mistake?"
Thats just silly.. and there are some more bad stories about orthos that I heard of.
That's why I wanna find just the perfect one.
I feel like I'm being too careful and picky :oops:

zero

#3 Post by zero »

My ortho has offices in poter ranch, glendale and no hollywood...he's got great bedside manner

here is his website

http://designersmiles.com/

Gary Kevorkian

I refered one of my coworkers there and now she is braced too :) he answered all the questions i had and i never felt rush or that he was annoyed ...
as far as price is i dont fell i'm getting ripped off by him ...but i didnt go to a ton of othros to price match i would rather have someone who is nice and understanding...hope this helps! :D

mcabero

#4 Post by mcabero »

Hello, I'm new here too.
I'm 32 and just got my braces on about a month ago. I have a great orthodontist who is located in Glendale. He's wonderful and and so is his entire staff. I couldn't be happier. My regular dentist (who is also a cosmetic dentist) is just down the street which should make my regular cleanings easier. They set up my treatment plan together so that when the braces come off my dentist has the right amount of room for the couple of veneers I'll need. I would highly reccommend them both.
I'm paying a total of $6000. I didn't really shop around since I just knew he was the right doctor. I have a pretty severe open bite so I think the price is pretty typical for the L.A. market.
I don't think they have websites, but here are their contact numbers...

Orthodontist- Dr. Skip Hudson - 818-244-2121
Dentist - Dr. Shapiro - 818-242-2990

Good Luck!

QKate

#5 Post by QKate »

I had a consult with Todd Walkow in Newport Brach, California. If I lived nearer to there I would have chosen him, he seems excellent.

avj

#6 Post by avj »

Thank u for the repliess. I've been busy with exams n school n havent had time to check the forum.
Anyways, thank you everyone for the referrals! :)
I feel safer to go to ortho that's refered to me.

@QKate
Thank u. Newport beach is really close with Irvine, I'll probably made appointment with him and see how it goes.

QKate

#7 Post by QKate »

Great! Here is his Website if you want to see it, but if you are close may as well see him. I remember that my initial consult with him was FREE. I visited about 7 orthos and about 1/2 of them charged me to just consult- which I found annoying! I liked the ones who gave me a free initial consult better!!!

www.walkowortho.com

adultbraces

right here in Irvine

#8 Post by adultbraces »

I travel 30 min to get to Irvine from North O.C.
I got to know my Orthodontist from my Dentist. I've met two other Orthodontist and my current one seems like the most profeesional one.
She's in fact one of the American Society of Ortho and has a long list of experiences with publics including lecturing in UCLA.. etc..
You can visit their website www.irvineorthodontics.com
There are two doctors, I'm seeing Dr.Claro and so far I've taken x-ray and done consultation today. I'm planning on gettin a treament in about a month. I wish I've gotten my treatment already and give you a recommendation but trust me out of two other doctors, she got my trust.

Good luck and let us know who you went with.

OrangeGeek

Dr. Humphries

#9 Post by OrangeGeek »

I've been with Dr. Humphries in Orange since March and I really like him. The whole staff is really nice and he's really good about taking the time to talk to me about any concerns and questions I have. His office is near where the 22 and 5 cross over.

His info:
725 W. La Veta Ave.
Suite 120
Orange, 92868

714-997-5961

wiredgrin

Orthodontist referral in the OC

#10 Post by wiredgrin »

Hello avj!

I hope I am not too late with this referral and that you are now past your exams and they went really well for you. That way you can move on to some real fun stuff like an orthodontic record examination instead? Just kidding! According to your criteria, I would strongly encourage you to at least have a consultation with Dr. Maha A. Yousif. Why? Because she has a background in education and I think this is very helpful to newbies like me and you! http://www.canyonorthodontics.com/ Keep us posted on how it goes? BTW, your exams should be over by now. Remember you did the best that you could! It is time to enjoy your holiday break until next semester and think about taking my final for me!javascript:emoticon(':roll:')