wearing elastics with bite turbos

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mmym29

wearing elastics with bite turbos

#1 Post by mmym29 »

hey everybody..so I am back in rubber bands for the second time.. the ortho said my teeth are straight enough and now we have to work on closing my bite since I developed an open bite in the back? well anyways..the first time I wore elastics was supposed to be for 8 weeks but ended up being only 3 or 4 because my wisdom teeth were causing me pain and I had them all pulled and the ortho said to stop wearing the elastics while I recovered and all..I went back friday and they gave me them again, this time different teeth then before..on both sides it's lower 6's to upper 5's and down to lower 5's, lower 5's to upper 4's then down to lower 4's (2 elastics on each side, 4 total) of course it's making my teeth sore but i'm used to that.. what's worrying me is that I have bite turbos on my top two front teeth and the elastics are pulling my teeth and jaw so tight that the lower teeth are hitting the turbos hard & w/ so much pressure I feel like the teeth are going to crack or something!! has anybody else experienced this?? it's hard to fall asleep wearing them because I am afraid it's going to damage my teeth.. so just wondering if it's normal? TIA!!!