Flossing Pain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Austin Stehling

Flossing Pain

#1 Post by Austin Stehling »

Hi,

I was braced yesterday and had a quick question on flossing.
I get a stinging pain when i pull the floss between my teeth, I assume this is from the floss causing even more pressure on my teeth.

So i would like to know if this is just temporary , our is this how it will be for the next two years.
Thanks! Austin

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I remember the first few days of flossing being a tad "traumatic". It gets better over time.

mariahfromchicago

what I think

#3 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Flossing is ANNOYING!!!!
Don't believe me?
Watch "Why people with braces hate flossing" on Youtube.com

My friend has never flossed by herself in her life (she's about 14 years old) even before braces.

Use a waterpik!

it does get better

- mariah

muppet

Flossing

#4 Post by muppet »

Hello,

I was braced a week ago. For the first 2 days I could not floss because it was too sore.

I then found it to be quite a skillfull art learning to floss with a brace - it is still taking me about 10 minutes to floss and I get annoyed as sometimes the floss just does not want to go under the wire (stupid floss :lol: )

Flossing is a time consuming pain in the butt, but it has to be done!

Traceymay

#5 Post by Traceymay »

It is quite an art form learning to floss again with braces, but as kk says its one of the best ways to remove bacteria from the gum line.

Its taken me nearly 3 months to get a good routine going since being braced, but I know it's the best way to care for my teeth. Also spending sooooo much money on getting my teeth straight it seems logical to make sure that my teeth and gums stay in excellent condition.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Traceymay x

Austin Stehling

flossing

#6 Post by Austin Stehling »

Thanks for the encouragement ! :D

The Pain did mostly go away after a few days.

Thanks again, Austin

Deb59

Flossing Pain

#7 Post by Deb59 »

:) I noticed the same thing between my two central incisors...just figured it was part of the deal.

Best,
Deb