Something very wrong with my teeth..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lildreamer

Something very wrong with my teeth..

#1 Post by lildreamer »

hi all, erm i am kinda freaking out now because i have begun to nitice that there is some kind of white- clear stuff just below the brackets next to my gums .. i think its blobs of glue, but i tried scraping it and little parts came off and im scared i might have taken off some of my tooth! my molars around the edges have this stuff around them and i have no idea what it is! I brush very carefully and reguraly , so who knows.
anyone have any opinions? and can the ortho remove glue left on the teeth with the braces on?
thanks

lilblackdress

#2 Post by lilblackdress »

Orthos or their assistant can remove excessive adhesive. I don't think you should try to remove this stuff on your own.

I'm sure others will post helpful information shortly. ;)

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

It's almost certain to be excess cement left over from the bonding. It's best not to try and remove it yourself as you might crack off a bracket.

If it bothers you, ask if it can be polished off at your next adjustment.

ilovemacs

#4 Post by ilovemacs »

I had that too when I got my braces on. Does it look clear and does it have a "grainy" texture inside your mouth? If so it may be a solution that they put on your teeth to help adhere the glue, I can't remember what it's called. I had that happen to me too, it bothered me. When braced I felt it right away, and asked the assistant to see if she could remove it but she said she couldn't see it because it was clear. It just goes away with routine brushing, that's how mine went away. Good Luck! :D

mariahfromchicago

#5 Post by mariahfromchicago »

ilovemacs wrote:I had that too when I got my braces on. Does it look clear and does it have a "grainy" texture inside your mouth? If so it may be a solution that they put on your teeth to help adhere the glue, I can't remember what it's called. I had that happen to me too, it bothered me. When braced I felt it right away, and asked the assistant to see if she could remove it but she said she couldn't see it because it was clear. It just goes away with routine brushing, that's how mine went away. Good Luck! :D
ilovemacs, I think that's etch stuff? Yay for macs (computers)!!
It tastes disgusting
Lildreamer: That wasn't a very good choice about scraping the thing off the tooth. No offense. Let the ortho fix it because it is his/her job.
- mariah

ilovemacs

#6 Post by ilovemacs »

mariahfromchicago wrote:I think that's etch stuff?
Yes, that's what I was talking about!! I was going to write that but I didn't know how to spell it. Thanks! :D

mariahfromchicago

#7 Post by mariahfromchicago »

ilovemacs wrote:
mariahfromchicago wrote:I think that's etch stuff?
Yes, that's what I was talking about!! I was going to write that but I didn't know how to spell it. Thanks! :D
No problem :wink:
- mariah