Got my top braces on yesterday :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alfie

Got my top braces on yesterday :(

#1 Post by alfie »

:(

I am NOT excited about having braces (again). I hate the way they look, I hate the way I look and I hate the way they make my lips look puffy. I opted for the clarity SL, and honestly? They are still really, really noticable. At least they don't hurt. I feel the pressure and already notice a change in my bite.

Plus, the doc got cement (or whatever they use to bond the braces) betwen 2 of my teeth and 'cemented' them together. Of course I did not notice until I got home and tired to floss. I managed to get the floss in and break the cement, but there is still some on top of my tooth. I will call this morning to see if I can get that removed. I go in Jan to get the bottom ones on. double :( :(

*sniff* I'm 28 and complaining like a baby.

ghostmyimag3

#2 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I agree, the likelyhood of them noticing is probably none. I have had braces a year and just had the uppers removed 2 days ago and i've had 3 people notice on their own. And mine were metal.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

braceface1969

#3 Post by braceface1969 »

things do get better.Hang in there.

alfie

#4 Post by alfie »

Thanks, everyone. Those are some kind words. So far nobody has said anything about them. Maybe they don't notice afterall.

My smile is all off though, will that get better? Oh, I told the Orht office about the bonding cement and they told me to go in on Monday. Cool!

LateStarter

#5 Post by LateStarter »

I got Ice brackets on my uppers yesterday, and I was feeling really down about the way they looked as well. But I'm feeling better about them today, and no doubt you'll be feeling better soon too. If I do find myself feeling a bit down, I just think about why I'm doing this, and how happy I'll be in the end when it's all over.

It's great that you made the decision to have braces again - things will get better!

Lala7603

#6 Post by Lala7603 »

im in braces AGAIN too....and i really dont think anyone is ever happy to go into braces again. i guess its a little better than the first time in the fact that i know what to expect. i had problems with cement in between my teeth....really annoying.

i wanted braces again to bring my smile back to what is post braces the first time...and im sure you are in the same boat. its all for the greater good and i know i will be REALLY careful and involved after my braces come off this time....even more so than the last time.

oh and i really dont think many people care too much.....i thought people would...but they really dont. i had ceramics the first time and have metal now....i thought it would be a really big shock to my system...but it wasnt. i just keep looking towards the big goal in the end.

the whole puffy lips thing goes away after a little while.....and its like they have been there for months.

you will get the hand of the whole smiling thing. after a while it will come naturally and will look fine.

SMIles
LALA
Braces On: November 21, 2003
Braces Off: December 17, 2004
Braces Back On: November 6, 2007
Braces Back Off: 2008