Sores on roof of mouth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface1969

Sores on roof of mouth

#1 Post by braceface1969 »

I have sores on the roof of my mouth.I know it has nothing to do with braces.Can it be the mouthwash i am using? Anyone ever had this before?

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

Gosh, it could be anything ..... I had an uncle who had a tomato allergy that gave him mouth ulcers. My dentist once took care of a couple of big canker sores for me, and he told me about a client that has to come in every few months to take care of sores on the roof of his mouth.

Cut out the mouthwash for a few days, avoid tartar control toothpaste (that helps me), avoid any foods taht might give problems (citrus, tomato, cantaloupe...), as well as overly hot food/drinks. I hope you feel better soon.

HIMgurl

#3 Post by HIMgurl »

Have you recently eaten anything different from your normal diet? I agree it could be anything. Do you have allergies to like nickel etc?