New To Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

trident58

New To Braces

#1 Post by trident58 »

Well, I just joined world of braces, and I have a few questions:
First of all, I'm having an impossible time trying to eat solid food. If I try to chew, my upper front teeth hit the bottom brackets, and keep me from biting down on anything. Any advice?
Second, last night 3 of my lower teeth brackets popped off (this was my first night with braces). Is this an indication of a major problem or is it normal when braces are first installed?
Thanks in advance for any advice

trident58

#2 Post by trident58 »

bracedagain,
thanks for the advice. I've got an appointment this Monday morning to try and sort things out. Although I have to admit that I'm a bit apprehensive about my orthodontist now. He was referred to me by my regular dentist (who I've been with for 18 years), but I'm starting to feel like he was a bit too eager to wire me up. Oh well, hopefully I'll get things squared away this monday.
One other thing. At the time, I didn't think much about it, but aren't you supposed to have some kind of dental impression taken before the braces are put in place? My ortho never did this.