"Snoopy Loops" and Springs! Ugh!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EmbraceMe

"Snoopy Loops" and Springs! Ugh!

#1 Post by EmbraceMe »

Well, I just got back from some more orthodontic torture :-) Today he took out my old archwire and replaced it with one where he bended it in such a way that he calls them "snoopy loops" because when you look at the shape of the wire in these two spots they look like Snoopy's profile :lol: He told me what they were for, but I already forgot :shock:
They are already leaving little indent marks on the inside of my upper lip.

Then I also got springs to close the extraction gaps. Those aren't bothering me all that much, but my mouth is VERY sore from all the pulling, pushing, bending, twisting, yanking! Ouch!

Oh well. I will endure as I am so excited to see how my smile will look as these spring pull my front teeth back and help correct my overjet! Yippee!

And if anybody could please remind me what these "snoopy loops" are supposed to do I would appreciate it :-)

jmrut22

#2 Post by jmrut22 »

Mine were used to finish closing gaps that powerchains didnt close. I HATED them, they got caught on my upper lip and the upper wire was so HEAVY!!! Pure torture. Not to mention I thought they stuck out like a sore thumb. Mine was short lived - about 3 months. It did the job though!

EmbraceMe

#3 Post by EmbraceMe »

jmrut22 wrote:Mine were used to finish closing gaps that powerchains didnt close. I HATED them, they got caught on my upper lip and the upper wire was so HEAVY!!! Pure torture. Not to mention I thought they stuck out like a sore thumb. Mine was short lived - about 3 months. It did the job though!
Yeah, my upper lip is now raw and has sores on both sides where they are rubbing and catching it which makes me wince in pain! I HOPE my gaps close quickly so that these can be removed fast. I don't go back until the end of February, so we'll see. I hope that the irritation only lasts as long as it takes for my upper lip to adjust to the device rubbing against it, and that it is not months of constant torture, as you suggest yours were :cry:

timbim

#4 Post by timbim »

Try covering them with blobs of wax, and don't forget the salt rinses!