SPACERS, THE COST OF BRACES, & A BIG THANK YOU TO MS. L

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pdbprodigy1

SPACERS, THE COST OF BRACES, & A BIG THANK YOU TO MS. L

#1 Post by pdbprodigy1 »

EVERYONE-

I got the spacers put in today. They really aren't that bad as of yet. We will see because I have to wear them for an entire week before I get the braces on next Friday. I'll let you know how it goes. Anyway, I met with the coordinator of the billing services at my ortho's office. Apparently, it costs 6500 for a 2 1/2 year treatment of braces. I assumed it'd be around 5k. I was a little surprised at the costs but luckily I was able to obtain a 1300 discount because I enrolled in a discount dental plan. I would have never known about this had I not been navigating through archwired.com to find DENTALPLANS.COM. In any event, A BIG THANK YOU goes to LYNN for informing us about dental plans.com. LYNN YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Only one more week people!!! :D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

AliKat

#2 Post by AliKat »

I had spacers in for 1 week and they did hurt, he put them in so he could measure me up for an expander, after he done this he took them out but I dont get my expander on till 7th Jan and the space has closed up so im thinking ill need to get them back in again!!!! :cry:

sauerkraut

#3 Post by sauerkraut »

AliKat: yes I'm afraid you will need spacers again but it's not quite so bad second time around (in my experience anyway!) :)

pdbprodigy1 enjoy your Christmas with spacers and hope the brace day goes well. What a way to spend Christmas and New Year!! :)