An anxious girl who can't wait until b-day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KatieBug

An anxious girl who can't wait until b-day!

#1 Post by KatieBug »

Hello all, I am going to be getting my impressions done on 1/8. Anyone know of a timeline on how long after you get impressions that your b-day is set? Or do you get spacers (if needed) that day? My ortho hasen't told me much, but I am sure exited after all these years to get this fixed. Thanks for your support! :computer:

Tipped

#2 Post by Tipped »

A couple of months in my particular case. Even with a 10 yo file of the same thing in hand. I guess they have to play around with the molds, do group studies even, and analyze exactly what the treatment plan is going to be. Unless its a straight forward non-bite straighting situation.

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

For my case I went in, the ortho looked at my bite said you will benefit from ortho treatment, did molds, pictures and evaluation all in one day, I was fitted with spacers and told to come back in 1 week. I went in 1 week later and I was fitted with full braces for 2 years. So pretty quickly it went!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

KatieBug

#4 Post by KatieBug »

Thanks for the great advice! I already had my inital consultation and was told that I needed a Herbst appliane and full braces. They told me (after I decided to go on with the treatment) to come in and get impressions, and then I would be fitted in all appliances at the same time. I want to get these installed ASAP so I can get this 22 months over with! :D

LadyJ

#5 Post by LadyJ »

I go for impressions on the 3rd, and my ortho uses OrthoCAD to do a computer plan for my treatment, and my b-day appointment is set for the 17th. So two weeks for me.

But I don't know if you'll have to be in the Herbst a while before they place the brackets or not. Hopefully someone with one will come by and give some info.

Sounds like we'll be on a similar time frame, though! :-)
Braced for the first time on January 17th, 2008!
Planned with OrthoCAD iQ
Damon 3 ("social six") and 3MX brackets
Estimated treatment time: 18-20 months
This is what I'm going for!
Click on WWW to read my braces story.

Spanner

#6 Post by Spanner »

I'm having my impressions, x-rays etc. done on 22 January then all being well fitting of top braces only (don't need spacers) will take place as soon as their appointment book will allow, which will probably mean a 3-4 week wait.

XCrun&ride

Re: An anxious girl who can't wait until b-day!

#7 Post by XCrun&ride »

KatieBug wrote:Hello all, I am going to be getting my impressions done on 1/8. Anyone know of a timeline on how long after you get impressions that your b-day is set? Or do you get spacers (if needed) that day? My ortho hasen't told me much, but I am sure exited after all these years to get this fixed. Thanks for your support! :computer:
After I had the initial consultation (molds, x-rays, etc.) I had around a month wait. Then, I went in and the ortho showed me the molds and x-rays, and told me what the plan was. I opted to get the spacers in that day, which meant that I had to get the braces on within the next week. (Worked well, rather than waiting another month for the spacers! :D ) So my guess is that after you get the imporessions it should probably be around 3-4 weeks until you get your spacers, and then another week until your brace day! But this is just a guess using my experience, so yours could be different. Good luck with the braces! :dance:

Pebbles

#8 Post by Pebbles »

My Ortho does it in 3 steps :

Nov 27 - Free consultation, when I said, yes, I want to do this, they took the impressions, X-Rays and photos before I left

Dec 5th - Ortho went over what I need, showed me the molds and X-rays, etc... and gave me choices. I chose brackets because of the time involved in making the correction and the cost

Jan 9th - I'll get my brackets !!

I totally agree with how you feel about getting it going fast. I put off getting my bite corrected for years but now that I've decided to do it, I want to push forward and get on with it.

AliKat

#9 Post by AliKat »

Hi,

I got my consultation on the 21st Nov, I got Xray taken this day also. After talking about it with my other half and my mum I decided to go ahead with it and got an app for the 28th Nov, at this app I got impressions taken and my brackets were put on there and then!!! WOW so fast I thought, but thats them been on nearly 4 weeks and I forget they are there sometimes!!

Im getting an expander put on on the 7th Jan, most people I think have this put on before braces but Im on a very tight schedule, getting married in Aug and wanted nice teeth!!

Hope you get your B-Day date soon!!!

Expander fitted 07/01/08
1st Adj 07/01/08