They are off!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dcbraces

They are off!!

#1 Post by dcbraces »

I had my braces taken off over my lunch break. it took about an hour and a half total. they made several impressions for my retainers. I will have two sets -- one "traditional" looking one and one that looks like invisalign. Not sure why but that's what my Dr. ordered.

I LOVE my teeth. I still have two tiny gaps (one on ea side) but otherwise my results are fantastic. I will try and post a pic later. I am still at work so I can't do it here. My ortho says the gaps will close with the use of my retainers.

One strange thing -- NO ONE has noticed that my braces are off!! One guy asked me why I was smiling so much ;)

Thanks to all who have answered questions over the past year. Total time in braces: 12 months, 2 weeks. :)

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

Ooh, you lucky duck! Congrats on going naked and showing off your new smile!!!! And that other guy just proves how others are so self-absorbed in their own lives, they don't care what we do to our teeth.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

dcbraces

#3 Post by dcbraces »

thank you!! you are so right. I wasted so much time worrying about how I looked in my braces and NOBODY noticed

My teeth are SILKY!!!

SinOnYourLips

#4 Post by SinOnYourLips »

dcbraces, I am so jealous!! :o But of course, in a very positive way :D

I am also coming close to the end, but it just seems to drag now!
Are you going to whiten? If so with what? Did you have any of the off-limit foods yet? Also did your ortho do any tooth shaping? (Because I am hoping mine does, and I don't know if they all do or not)

And we're all waiting for a picture here.

CONGRATS!!!!!! :-88

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

oooooh yes, we like pics :D It gives us encouragement when we see what others have acheived.

Enjoy your newly straightened teeth, and bite into a nice crunchy apple for me, please.

Jillianleab

#6 Post by Jillianleab »

Congrats! The only people who noticed when I got my braces off (at least the ones who said anything) were the people who KNEW they were coming off! Goes to show how people don't pay attention to our braces even though we think they are glaringly obvious!

Can't wait to see the pics!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

mariahfromchicago

#7 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Lucky... So jealous in a positive way of course!!

I don't get mine off for a year :( :cry: :roll:
-mariah

alfie

#8 Post by alfie »

Congrats!!! That's fantastic!!

BTW, are you in DC? I am!