Retainers.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Timaaa

Retainers.....

#1 Post by Timaaa »

OK, it has been a while since I posted. There have been very few occasions in my life when I have counted down days until a significant event happens......well, I am in the middle of one now, and it will be 6 days until my braces are off!!!!

My question is about retainers. How many different types are there, and will I have a choice in what I get?

HeadgearJoe

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

congrats i'm getting mine off jan 31st at 8 am
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Silverware

#3 Post by Silverware »

I got my retainer last week.

I was given the Hawley 2 days after the braces came off. Unfortunately, my incisors moved in that small interim where my teeth were naked. The retainer has now pushed them back somewhat.

I was also given a bonded retainer on my bottom teeth, along the front 6.

I was given another metal retainer to wear at night on my bottom teeth.

In 6 weeks, I go back for a retainer check. At that time, the assistant said they can do an impression and make a clear retainer for me as well.

So far, I'm loving have the braces off, I bet you can't wait! If you're worried about how the retainer will look, don't. It's barely noticeable.