What is the timeframe to make retainer

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

karylarizona

What is the timeframe to make retainer

#1 Post by karylarizona »

Can people share how long it was from getting the impressions to getting the retainer put in? Also, you don't go a number of days without braces until the retainer, do you? Don't you bet de-braced the same day that the retainer is put in?
Sorry if this is a repeat.

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

It all depends if your ortho has an in-house lab. Mine (although I haven't personally experienced it :( ) does it the same day as impressions. Come in in the morning, get the braces off and come back in the afternoon.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

lionfish

Re: What is the timeframe to make retainer

#3 Post by lionfish »

I had a week between the braces coming off and picking up temporary retainers (essix type). It was no big deal, teeth hadn't shifted that much in the interim.