Braces coming off March 3!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

breal87

Braces coming off March 3!

#1 Post by breal87 »

Hey everyone -

I just had my appointment and the doc says they are good to come off on March 3... I asked if my midline shift looked right and he said it looked ok... What do you guys think?

Also i noticed the last adjustment i had the arch wire was not connected to my last molar on my right side on the bottom and it looks like its the same now. anyone know what that is about?

otherwise everything looks great and feels great to me!!

VistaXP

#2 Post by VistaXP »

looks off by maybe 1 mm, not very noticeable, but with those awesome looking teeth, I could care less about my mid line :)

breal87

#3 Post by breal87 »

hey thanks!! :P

breal87

#4 Post by breal87 »

oh yeah i forgot to tell yall its my 21st bday on Feb 15!!! unfortunately i won't have them off by then but who cares i will be 21!!! 8)

Test

mizzdee

#5 Post by mizzdee »

congrats on your debanding..my ortho just told me i only have about a month left in mine..i can't wait...but your teeth look great by the way agian congrats!

breal87

#6 Post by breal87 »

awesome thanks for the support everyone, i feel a lot more confident about getting them off

Test

meetli

#7 Post by meetli »

your teeth look amazing, trust me no one will notice your midline.

Miss Smiley

#8 Post by Miss Smiley »

Awww...your teeth look so nice!! It seems like everyone is almost done or having talks with their ortho about debanding dates!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

CactusZAF

#9 Post by CactusZAF »

Congrats !!!

Your teeth look awesome, I'm so jealous (I still have about 17 months) and really wish you luck with de-banding.

Has your midline always been off to that side, if not perhaps it's been slightly over corrected to allow it to settle in the right place ?

Any way enjoy your naked teeth and your 21st (wish my teeth looked that good at 21). :D

Nervous

#10 Post by Nervous »

They look great! How long did you have them in?
Twin Blocks: August 19th, 2004
Braced: September 21st, 2005
Debanded: July 11th, 2008

SolarFeline

#11 Post by SolarFeline »

Your teeth look FABULOUS! I bet you are really please with the changes you've had. And, your midline looks good too!

Your March date will be here in NO TIME.

breal87

#12 Post by breal87 »

well my bottom braces were put on Feb 8, 2007 and my top braces were actually put on July 12, 2007... I didn't originally plan to have the top done because my teeth were actually straight, it was the bottom that went into relapse

but they opened up the bottom and it caused my bite to go out of whack so i got the top on! mind you this is my 2nd time in braces so i guess its been about a year since ive had them on.. the doc said everything with settle in when i get them off so we will see

thanks guys!!

Test

mariahfromchicago

#13 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Your teeth look great!! :D

breal87

#14 Post by breal87 »

Ok ok so I screwed up the date, it's actually today March 4th im SUPPOSED to be getting the braces off!

I saw my regular dentist on Friday and had a cleaning done and what not... I raised concern about my two front teeth, they just don't look right to me and I know my ortho put a bend in the wire on that tooth last month... anyway the dentist said he thought my bite was a little off on one side and that my jaw is clicking/popping... but he was like I dunno your ortho might be correcting it some other way (reatiners...)

So he was like look I want to call your ortho and he did and I actually called the dentist back to get some info on what they chatted about. He said my ortho was going to look again and once again ask me if I have any concerns, I was glad the dentist called him .... So with that being said I might not get them off today!!

My appointment is in like 45 minutes and I'm SOOO nervous, I get shy sometimes talking to him... but I will keep you posted when I get back from my appointment!!

Test

SinOnYourLips

#15 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Awesome looking teeth, breal!!

Let us know how it goes today, I can only imagine the anticipation :D

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life