Anyone else have this issue

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Katt

Anyone else have this issue

#1 Post by Katt »

Ok so I realize I have only had braces for 2 days now but I am having the most ridiculous time spitting when I brush my teeth.

DireWire

#2 Post by DireWire »

take it as an indication that you are being thorough :-}

Now, seriously, I think I'm looking more intently where and how I'm brushing, so yes, it's good there is a sink!

DireWire

#3 Post by DireWire »

take it as an indication that you are being thorough :-}

Now, seriously, I think I'm looking more intently where and how I'm brushing, so yes, it's good there is a sink!

Chris1960

#4 Post by Chris1960 »

I spit when I don't want to. :cry:
Brackets off 6/5/08
Invisaligns on 7/28/08
(7 Week delay)
21 of 23 U&L (Skipped a tray/On a 10 day rotation)

Class II subdivision right
Moderate upper/lower crowding
Partial anterior crossbite
Normal overbite/overjet
Sentence: 18-20 months

Katt

#5 Post by Katt »

lol good to know I'm not the only one with saliva everywhere.

phae

#6 Post by phae »

Definitely not! I should buy stock in Windex...
>.<

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. -- Isaac Asimov

funshine

#7 Post by funshine »

Chris1960 wrote:I spit when I don't want to. :cry:
Ha! Me too...me too! :oops:

breal87

#8 Post by breal87 »

yeah i work at a Sprint retail store where I spend the majority of my time talking to customers and there have been a few times where I have accidentally spit on them, it is pretty embarassing lol

Test

cosmicgirl

#9 Post by cosmicgirl »

I work with children and I don't know which of us has the greater problem with drool... :roll:

Lisa65

#10 Post by Lisa65 »

I still spit once in a while, and if I'm wearing my headgear I constantly seem to be drooling

mariahfromchicago

#11 Post by mariahfromchicago »

I drool in my sleep a lot. BTW: I love Las Vegas (I am 13, it's not the gambling :wink:)
- mariah :heart:

lilblackdress

#12 Post by lilblackdress »

I drooled a lot when I first got braces. Now, I only drool after adjustments.
I think I've always drooled in my sleep a little, so I can't blame that on braces. :oops:

bracieb

I find it hard too...

#13 Post by bracieb »

I find spitting hard too- and drinking from a straw, blowing on hot soup, and anything that requires me to pucker my lips. It's all that STUFF glued to them! I am so glad I don't play a wind instrument. :lol:

With four of us in braces, we now keep a dispenser of dixie cups in the bathroom for after brushing. It makes it a lot easier to spit when you have a volume of liquid. The dixie cups keep us from sharing ugly germs. No more sticking their heads under the tap... rotten kids. Such a nasty habit. :lol:

Oddly enough, I find that with braces, I am less aware of other stuff around my mouth like crumbs after eating and such- I have to be vigilant with the napkin. I guess there are so many annoying sensations to ignore in my mouth, that I ignore those outside too. At least I am not drooling ALL the time. Just sometimes. :roll:

Katt

#14 Post by Katt »

cosmic girl I know what you mean I work with kids too and they laugh at me because I have more stuff flying out of my mouth than they do. They also think it;s funny to try and watch me eat because I'm so big on chewing with your mouth closed and right now that's a little difficult for me. So they get a kick out of telling me what to do.