extended timeperiod between adjustments

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

travelbug

extended timeperiod between adjustments

#1 Post by travelbug »

I usually have an adjustment approximately every 4 weeks. This month, I had to reschedule my original appointment due to work conflicts... but I couldn't get another appointment until almost 3 weeks after my original appointment! I asked my ortho to call if he has any cancellations sooner, but in the meantime I am looking at going almost 7 weeks in between adjustments, compared to my usual 4 weeks. Is this okay!?!?!?!?

nogota

#2 Post by nogota »

Don't worry, seven weeks is not bad. My regular appointments are 6 weeks apart, so one week more won't hurt anything. The whole othrodontic process is a slow one so don't be too concerned with extended amounts of time between visits.

mariahfromchicago

#3 Post by mariahfromchicago »

My last adjustment was in November (because I moved).
I feel that is really long, but OK with me because I am not in pain!!! :D
7 weeks is nothing compared to 3 months!!! Usually my apppointments were every 4 weeks.
- mariah

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

No harm!

My appointments were 8-11 weeks apart throughout my treatment.

The wires continue to work for quite some time and don't need much attention. You may have just gotten "re-tied" at that appointment and delaying that by 3 weeks won't make a bit of difference in your treatment.

It'll be just fine...
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm