powerchain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chiwawamom

powerchain

#1 Post by Chiwawamom »

Hey there everyone! I got my 1st set of power chains this morning..YOW they hurt!!!!!! Uppers only they said beacause I got a 20 lower archwire that they reccomend I come in in 4 wks for the lower powerchain not to OVER-do it on the lowers all at once......Im all for that.: ) I got a Lime green powerchain upper and lime green lower ligs "St. Pattie's day"....I look CRAZY right now..everyone at work LOVES it though : )

Lana

#2 Post by Lana »

COol :D Nice color powerchain and ligs also. Do they glow in the dark at all? 8)

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

nice colour! I have neon green chains at the moment :D

Chiwawamom

#4 Post by Chiwawamom »

I WISH they would glow in the dark that would be awesome!!!!! I like them a lot...BUT I don't like the pain I have had...UGH!!!!!! Im dreading the lower one Im getting on 3/27.

SinOnYourLips

#5 Post by SinOnYourLips »

I got my first one today too and YOWZA indeed do these hurt! I haven't been this sore in months, but I'm liking it, pain=movement, movement=good! :D

I love your bright color I actually wish I'd go for some hot pink or something too , since I've been boring clear/white the whole time, and it's my last 2 weeks! But they didn't even ask me, just put em on, maybe they don't even carry funky colors, who knows!

Anyway, looking good and I feel your PAIN - LITERALLY! :lol:

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

Chiwawamom

#6 Post by Chiwawamom »

Yah...thats pretty much the way I look at it... Pain=results. I wish I could have my braces adjusted every 3 weeks and get it over in 1/2 the time.. : ) I actaully know someone who is doing that. He works in the entertainment/cruise industry. I wonder if that is good for your teeth though? Oh well...9 months to go and I have made it this far....
Next time you go in for new ligs ask for a color and just start with something mild like baby pink or baby blue then it's not so dramatic. My ortho always tells me if I can't stand it after a while just come back and they will change them for me. The only color I have changed after a few days was white because they stain SOOOO easy....

Arvensis

#7 Post by Arvensis »

So powerchains hurt huh??? INTERESTING!!! This tells me how numb my upper teeth nerves must be from upper jaw surgery still because I got a powerchain on the upper a week ago and it was like maybe an hour of discomfort, then eh. nothing. I kinda wish I COULD feel pain so I'd know there was movement! Ha

Has anyone seen lots of movement with the powerchains yet or is it just a long time thing? I have one gap that I am watching in particular and it doesn't seem to be getting any smaller -- of course this could just be the watching the pot boil thing.
[8 Months, 4 days with Braces]
Braces off 4/17/2008 - Rockstar!

Before and After.

Jex

newbie question....does everybody get these?

#8 Post by Jex »

Am I guaranteed to get this frightening thing called the power chain? I'm getting the impression that they're just for closing gaps? Sorry if this is the dumbest question ever. :roll:

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

Not just for closing gaps, they can be used for stopping gaps opening up in the first place.

I've had chains almost all the time. They feel tight for a few days after being put on, but after that they're OK.

Chiwawamom

#10 Post by Chiwawamom »

My powercahins are for closing my gaps....It's not that bad. I noticed less pain today then yesterday. I have notced that my teeth have moved A LOT in a short amount of time because the archwire went from not sticking out the backs to sticking out reeeealy far in 1 day. I will need to make an appt next week to get them clipped. That part is really irritating because it's hard for me to get off work to have these "comfort" adjustments..... :?

Arvensis

#11 Post by Arvensis »

yes but can you SEE that the gaps are smaller or do you only know they are smaller b/c the poking in the back? I am concerned that mine aren't moving, or they are moving and I just can't tell b/c I have no real feeling really in my upper gums

Before and After.

Arvensis

#12 Post by Arvensis »

Or completely painless if your upper jaw was surgically altered in the last three months ;)

Before and After.

Jex

#13 Post by Jex »

Oh, Arvensis, I am sorry for that! :( You are far braver than I. I really thought I had dodged a bullet there, but then when "rotating teeth" was mentioned, I realized it's probably "game on" for me. Oh well. It's not like I know any better, right? :wink:

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

liz5K

#14 Post by liz5K »

I've had my braces on since Sept., and the orthodontist said at my next appointment (March 10) - he'd start closing the gaps (YEAH!) So---I am hoping I get powerchains...after reading these...I think I'll take some ibuprofen before the appointment...definitely looking forward to it though. Can't wait to have the gaps start closing!

Arvensis

#15 Post by Arvensis »

Don't be sorry, apparently I'm missing out on this whole "powerchains hurt" thing, and jaw surgery really isn't painful as much as annoying, uncomfortable, etc ;) It is *I* who dodged this bullet, I'll take numb after adjustments any day. Eating something besides soup the day after an adjustment? Rock on.

I just want these powerchains to MOVE something... I am watching this gap and it seems to not be doing anything at all.

Before and After.