"Closing the case"

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starzin

"Closing the case"

#1 Post by starzin »

Hi again to all my "Braced buddies"
I'm here again in the hope that someone will be able to answer my question regarding "closing the case".
I've been in braces approx 2 1/2 years now.
I started out with Damon 3's.
They were taken off--I still really don't know why???? :shock:
I'm now wearing "traditional braces"
I just had a single extraction last month.
I just went to my ortho for an adjustment.
He's, unfortunately very vague and uncommunicative.
He said we was pleased with the progress that I was making.
He told his dental tech that they were starting to "close my case".
I asked him if that meant I would be done in approx 6 months.
He didn't answer me.
I know this is a very vague question, but does anyone have an idea of how long a period of time that they are taking about when they begin to close the case.
I'd appreciate, as always, any input/information you could give me.
Thanks!!! :wink:

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Starzin, you must be a very patient person. After 2 1/2 years I think it is only fair for your ortho to answer you question. Hopefully 'closing the case' means that you are near to completion but I think you have every right to get an answer to your question so perhaps you should pin him down on this.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)