Five Weeks To Go!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Morena_Prncss

Five Weeks To Go!

#1 Post by Morena_Prncss »

I went yesterday for my millionth adjustment and I was told 4 weeks until my next appointment, a week of finishing elastics and then I'm done! Kind of frightened by the possible configurations I'll get :shock: It'll be a little over 3 years (ETT of 18~24 months) from the time I started my journey, originally started for moderate crowding on the bottom and a 100% deep bite. I already know that I'll be getting an Essix retainer for the top and a bonded retainer on the bottom. Now I can finally purchase some Retainer Bright and clip that coupon for those Crest White strips! And most importantly of all... thoroughly enjoy some corn on the cob this summer :D April 17th will be my day of naked celebration!
Metal top & TPA-4/6/05 Btm Lingual Arch-4/05
Upper ex-8/05 Lower ex-9/05
Metal btm-10/14/05
Lingual arch off-2/06

Banana1214

#2 Post by Banana1214 »

Congrats! I think I'm on my last month too. Can I ask you what you mean by "finishing elastics"? What are they supposed to do? My ortho said something about a finishing wire for me when I go in next week. Is this the same idea?

migueljs16

#3 Post by migueljs16 »

good for you, I have 5 days with my braces on, I have soon so much movement though.
6 more months to go

bracedintx

#4 Post by bracedintx »

Banana1214 wrote:Congrats! I think I'm on my last month too. Can I ask you what you mean by "finishing elastics"? What are they supposed to do? My ortho said something about a finishing wire for me when I go in next week. Is this the same idea?
I have 'closing elastics' which i think are the same thing as 'finishing elastics'. Mine are to settle my bite and so I have a zigzag elastic that goes from lower 3 to top 3, to lower 4 to top 4. The I have a box elastic around the 5s and 6s :roll:
self-ligating metal brackets all around

Banana1214

#5 Post by Banana1214 »

Oh, ok. I have zigzag elastics right now, too, closing my bite up. The go up and down across three teeth on top and bottom, both sides. Good to know I'm almost done! :) And good luck with yours!

bracedintx

#6 Post by bracedintx »

Thanks Banana! Yeah, I'm hoping to get them off in the next 5 weeks, just like Morena_Prncss, but am not making announcements about debanding because I feel like there's a big possibility that there will be another two weeks or more tacked on for tweaking...after 31 months it seems hard to believe they might be off soon!
Morena, hope your teeth are settling nicely!
self-ligating metal brackets all around