End in sight?!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nervous

End in sight?!

#1 Post by Nervous »

So I went to the Ortho last week. She told me that I was "pretty much done" and to come in for a deband evaluation on May 5th. I said "Oh, that's great. So If you give the OK, can we remove them a couple weeks later?" She said "No, we'd have to wait 2 months, then remove them." I thought "OK, that seems odd." Do the teeth have to settle for a while before getting it removed? I am just wondering if everyone has to wait this long once the Orthodontist says it's ok to get debanded.
Twin Blocks: August 19th, 2004
Braced: September 21st, 2005
Debanded: July 11th, 2008

Lexmir

#2 Post by Lexmir »

My ortho says I have to wait a month for the teeth to "settle" once they're ready to be off.

Probably ranges per ortho practice.

Marguerite

#3 Post by Marguerite »

Yeah, they have to settle in, and also your doctor needs time to make retainers.

Rach

#4 Post by Rach »

My ortho did the exact same thing! He gave me an appointment in a month to check things are OK then another one in two months for the actual deband. My retainers are being made them same day as my braces are off and I get my impressions so its not to do with retainers for me.
Feel free to take a look at my SurgeryBlog

Nervous

#5 Post by Nervous »

ahhh, never thought about the retainer needing to be made. I just wish my Ortho was more like Lexmir's. 2 months seems like a little much. Oh well, I've been waiting 3.5 years, 2 more months isn't that much more of a wait.
Twin Blocks: August 19th, 2004
Braced: September 21st, 2005
Debanded: July 11th, 2008

onedayperfect

#6 Post by onedayperfect »

The end isnt in sight for me! :cry: