Interesting eBay listing...raising money for charity...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

happyhappyjoyjoy

Interesting eBay listing...raising money for charity...

#1 Post by happyhappyjoyjoy »

Just found this on ebay, I know you can find elastics and stuff on there, but this is a first I tihnk! He's getting his braces off May 5th and is auctioning off leaving them on! Looks like each day costs $10. It says all the money goes to the breast cancer foundation. Not a bad idea. But could you imagine if the winning bid was a LOT of days? WOW! I am not there yet, but I would imagine when its time for your braces to come off you want them off! I don't think I would do this. : /

http://cgi.ebay.com/orthodontic-braces_ ... dZViewItem

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

What kind of guarantee is there that ALL of the proceeds would actually go to charity? Anyhow, sounds weird and fishy to me.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Luella

#3 Post by Luella »

Poor guy- I just went to the link, and its over, and all he made was $10. Oh well, I guess it's $10 for breast cancer that they might not have got otherwise.
~ Luella ~
Oral surgery assistant, Registered Dental Assistant, OMAAP Certified

browneyedgrl

#4 Post by browneyedgrl »

He didn't make a thing, I'm sure ebay made him pull the auction.
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Pixel Witch

#5 Post by Pixel Witch »

browneyedgrl wrote:He didn't make a thing, I'm sure ebay made him pull the auction.
It hasn't been pulled and ended successfully. Who knows if he'll honor it though.

badbite

#6 Post by badbite »

There were no bids on that auction.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008