New To Here && Just Braced 5 Hours Ago. Advice Much

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nayceee

New To Here && Just Braced 5 Hours Ago. Advice Much

#1 Post by Nayceee »

:-1 Hey Guys! I'm New To This Site So I Guess Im A "Newbie". I Got My Lower Braces && Bite Plate Today And So Far The Only Things That I Can Complain About Are How The Bottom Brackets Feel Against The Inside Of My Lower Lip By Which I Have To Say Is A Very Wierd Feeling Kind Of Annoying At That. Also I Find It Terribly Hard To Talk && Eat With My Biteplate I Have Every Urge to Just Pull It Out, Actually I Did But Then Quickly Put It Back In Due To My Top Teeth Trying To "Bite Off" My Bottom Brackets Which Is A Far Worse Feeling As To The Biteplate Well To Me It Is Atleast. The Pain Isn't Overbearing Or Anything I Can Deal With It Now, But It Seems Like Each Hour The Braces Get Tighter. :?

In 2-3 Months I Will Be Getting My Biteplate Out && My Top Braces On Which Will Be Ceramic Compared To My Bottoms Which Are Metals.

So I'd Love && Appreciate Any Advice On What's Stored In For Me For The Next 3 to 4 yrs :cry: (I Know, My Sentance Is Long Due To My Severe Overbite && Gap).

Thanks && Much Love
--Naycee
18 yrs old && Nearly Braced

MrMetalMouth1029

#2 Post by MrMetalMouth1029 »

Hey Nayceee, welcome aboard! This site is very helpful; I just ran across it last week as I was looking for advice on how to handle my braces. I've been braced for 8 days now...I have traditional metal braces (I think they're called Damons) on both my top and bottom teeth. I'm to the point where I'm used to having them in now. For the first few days, you'll want to take it easy as far as what you eat. I attempted to eat a burger two days ago, and while I ate it, it took a very long time and I had to chew with my back teeth. People tell me that eventually you can eat almost anything once your teeth fully adjust, and that should take a few more weeks. I don't have a biteplate, so I can't relate. I also took Advil when the braces tightened up. It was moreso a nuisance type of pain...nothing that hurt that much. You should be fine! Enjoy your braces and that new smile that will come soon!
Braced (upper and lower): 10/29/08
Debraced: 3/17/10
Now sportin' a permanent bottom retainer
Alternate clear retainers every 12 hours

wiredgrin

Welcome Nayceee !!!!!!!!!!

#3 Post by wiredgrin »

Hope it smooths out for you we know it can be rough at first! What activities do you do that can help you keep your mind off of it. Dance did it for me so maybe take some lessons if you are not already at the barre!
Take care and keep us posted!
wiregrin