Booked my first NHS appointment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bubsy08

Booked my first NHS appointment

#1 Post by bubsy08 »

went to dentist in december and told him about my overbite. When I bite my bottom teeth touch the roof of my mouth and there is about a 8-10mm gap between top and bottom teeth. The dentist said that their was nothing he could do, so I asked if he could refer me to an orthodontist. He said yes. I had another appointment the day after as well so asked again just to make sure he did refer me which he confirmed. Anyway at the begining of the week I was begining to wonder what was happening and was going to phone up the hospital to check if they had received my referal. But on wednesday I received a letter asking to call them to book an appointment. The earliest I could get was 11th march. So I am well chuffed now just hope the orthodontist will sort out my teeth

Kerry

#2 Post by Kerry »

well done your on the road to braces !

u will prob start to find the surgery room on here more usefull as time goes on, i started my treatment last february and close to surgery now. Hopefully by the 13th March i would of seen the orthodontic surgeon and booked in a date for surgery :lol: FINGERS CROSSED !
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)