Braces push teeth back up?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

natim1

Braces push teeth back up?

#1 Post by natim1 »

Ok, so I got hit in the mouth, broke the alveolar bone on my upper jaw and screwed up my four front teeth (the very front ones) so that they got moved down and back toward my tongue. I went and saw the oral surgeon and he pushed the teeth back into sort of where they used to be (under anesthesia), but, it's been 6 weeks and I feel that two of the teeth, the very fornt ones, are lower than the rest. In fact, I sort of know they are because the archwire and the brackets aren't lined up. I also have a sever open bite (7mm) and am supposed to have leforte surgery in a few months to correc thtat. But, the uneven teeth are bothering me aesthetically, so my concern is, can the braces push those two teeth back up? Or will they just end up pulling all the other teeth down? I have an ortho appt tomorrow, should I mention this to him?

sdawdy

#2 Post by sdawdy »

I would mention this to your Dr. (S)He will be able to tell you exactly what they will do. I had to have my molars extruded (pulled out some) and from canine to canine on my lowers intruded (pushed down some). So I would imagine if they can do that then they would be able to intrude your front teeth. Just my opinion as I am not a professional :) but I would ask if it is a concern!

SD