Problem chewing since removal of Molar bands

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LaShaun

Problem chewing since removal of Molar bands

#1 Post by LaShaun »

Hello all, Sooooo excited in 4 weeks I will be debraced :D
However, they removed my molarbands and it has been very hard to chew anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this normal?

thisisme

#2 Post by thisisme »

In what way has it been hard? Are your molars sensitive, are they not touching, etc?

LaShaun

#3 Post by LaShaun »

They took my molar bands off, there's now a space there. food get's caught in there and it's a pain, not sure what's going on, but it make it really difficult to eat.

starzz

#4 Post by starzz »

I'm guessing food is getting caught in there and then your gum is getting inflamed. You need to clean out that space well, using floss, interproximal brush, toothpick, or waterpick etc. The gum should heal up in a couple days. As Dr. Rick said on the other thread, the space will close over time.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

LaShaun

#5 Post by LaShaun »

Thank you so much, I'm doing muchhhhhh better, no chewing anymore even though food still get caught in there it doesn't hurt