I'M SCARED; EXCESSIVE BLEEDING.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SNAGGLEbeGONE

I'M SCARED; EXCESSIVE BLEEDING.

#1 Post by SNAGGLEbeGONE »

PLS. EXCUSE MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AS FAR AS NAMES OF THINGS.

OK. SO I DON'T KNOW IF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. I AM WEARING CLASS 3 RUBBERBANDS. FROM THE TOP MOLAR, TO THE BOTTOM CANINE TO HELP CLOSE A GAP.

WHEN I FLOSS THE TOP, WHERE THE MOLAR BANDS ARE I JUST START BLEEDING LIKE CRAZY. IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY HIT MY IN MY MOUTH AND KNOCKED MY TOOTH OUT, SO I CONTINUE TO SPIT, AND RINSE AND SPIT AND RINSE AND SPIT AND RINSE. IT MAKES ME NOT WANT TO WEAR THE RUBBERBANDS, BC I FEEL LIKE THAT'S WHAT IS CAUSING IT. =\

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I RECENTLY WENT TO THE DENTIST (AND I KNOW I'M GOING TO GET CRAP FOR THIS), FOR A SWOLLEN GUM, AND HE SAID IT WAS JUST PLAQUE REACTION, APPARENTLY I HAD BEEN MISSING MY MOLARS FARTHEST BACK, OK, SO I FIXED THAT PROBLEM, AND STARTED FOCUSING ON GETTING THOSE SQUEAKY CLEAN. HE CHECKED TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T BITING DOWN ON MY GUM, BUT HE DIDN'T KNOW I HAVE BEEN WEARING RUBBERBANDS. I OBVIOUSLY TOOK THEM OUT BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT SO I COULD OPEN MY MOUTH. SO MAYBE I AM BITING ON MY GUMS, AND I DON'T KNOW IT...

I'M JUST MORE TERRIFIED THAN ANYTHING ABOUT THE EXCESSIVE GUMS BLEEDING IN THAT ONE SPOT. NO EXAGGERAGTION IT'S AS MUCH BLOOD AS A LOST TOOTH. =[ HELP ME.

starzz

#2 Post by starzz »

Here's my experience: I got powerchains to close a small gap. For 2 days after, my gums bled a little when brushing my teeth, at the spot where the gap was. Then it resolved. I guess stress on gums from moving teeth can cause bleeding.

What was the timing for you? when did you get rubberbands, when did bleeding start, when were you at dentist, etc.?

If I were you, I'd call the ortho or dentist tomorrow and ask for advice. Mention any medications you're taking.
Braced for 2 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 5 days (the 2nd time ‘round)
Hawley on top, Essix on bottom

drrick

#3 Post by drrick »

Are you flossing?
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

SNAGGLEbeGONE

#4 Post by SNAGGLEbeGONE »

DRRICK; YES I'M FLOSSING, THAT'S WHEN THE BLEEDING STARTS, AND JUST ON THAT ONE MOLARBAND.

STARZZ; THANKS I WILL HAVE TO CALL AND ASK IF THIS IS NORMAL, MY DENTIST AND ORTHO ARE PART OF THE SAME OFFICE, SO THEY HAVE ALL MY CHARTS AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT.

drrick

#5 Post by drrick »

First of all dont stop flossing. You still need to get the plaque and bacteria out or the bleeding will get worse.

Was the area scaled to remove the tartar (calculus) and plaque. DO you know what the pocket measurement was?

May need to be rescaled and then maintain a 3 month recall with rigorous home care. Your dentist should be able to help.

Also you might want to lose the ALL CAPS. Very hard to read.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

UGHBRACES

#6 Post by UGHBRACES »

Could be a plaque build up there.
When you floss, do you only go between your teeth? or do you go right up underneath the gum line as well? You should gently run the floss up between your tooth and run it up as far as it will go(without using any force) under the gum line and pull it back and forth a couple time. I used to bleed when i just flossed occasionally because there would be a build up there, but now that i floss daily there is no bleeding because there is no plaque build up.

gracey82

#7 Post by gracey82 »

Yea its gum build up.

I went to my orthon with a swollen gum and she helps remove my molar band (its a root canal tooth) and gave me some antiseptic for me to dip in to floss between the molar with the interdental brush. Blood gushed out like crazy but you have to keep flossing. After a week or so, the swollen is gone and there will be no more blood coming after the area was cleaned properly. Dont worry :)