2nd proper adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

glenncoyle

2nd proper adjustment

#1 Post by glenncoyle »

just had my second adjustment, its amazing how much things change in the space of a short time.

the thing is you dont notice on a day to day basis, but stuff is happening. I look at photos from the begining (prior to having sarpe) and i just cant wait for process to finish as im so excited.

anyway for those that are interested you can check my blog at http://www.sarpe-and-braces.blogspot.com

so far, ive never used wax, been able to eat pretty much anything and everything, and have really been in pain. the adjustments can be fun... but that is 15 mins every 8ish weeks so can deal with that.

anyway, to those that read these boards and are considering getting braces to fix their smile, just do it. I waited 15 years (im now 29) to do this and am loving ever bit of it

wilson123

#2 Post by wilson123 »

Second you on this.

I look back at photos of my teeth and how they were through all my teenage life and my early twenties and I see the big difference in five months of what a brace has done. Really is unbelievable how quickly they have shifted.

I too haven't needed any wax, amazingly I used to always suffer from a mouth ulcer or two before braces - since having them on I've only had one (and that was because a football booted me in the face).

daffodil

#3 Post by daffodil »

wow! your teeth have moved a lot in two months!

glenncoyle

#4 Post by glenncoyle »

ok the orginal post should say rarely been in pain :) hopefully that doenst put anyone off :)

thanks daffodil - the tops had braces on them for a bit longer, due to sarpe and one massive gap, but the bottoms its been 8 weeks, i didnt realise how much they had moved until i took that photo.

im soo pumped about this whole process!! without sounding arrogant, im going to look mint :) dropped 12 kgs last year, just wanna get them teeth straight :) (ps all of this is said with tounge in cheek). but it does help you feel good about yourself when you can change your appearance for the positive.