SPEED Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

graciesmom

SPEED Braces

#1 Post by graciesmom »

Wondered if anyone is in the new self adjusting Speed Braces? I had mine put on just over a week ago now I guess and I don\t have to go back to see my Ortho for 4 months! Unless of course I need my wires cut or something like that.
Wierd not having to go back for 4 months when normally you need to go every month for tightening. Th ething with these is they store energy and tighten an their own
But I owuld love to hear if anyone else is using these or any comments on what people have heard. My ortho only uses these, they are all metal top and bottoms...and man are they sharp..yeeeouch!
But they will friends of mine for 18-24 mths :)

Ohkae

#2 Post by Ohkae »

I'm thinking about getting self ligating braces too.

Are they comfortable so far? And are the brackets really that sharp?

Ashes90

#3 Post by Ashes90 »

Never heard of Speed Braces but I have heard of SureSmile; which is basically what you described for Speed Braces. Where I live, not a lot of insurance companies cover SureSmile. In fact, NONE do. It's a lot more expensive because it's taking a 28 month case and cutting that time in half pretty much.

I'm going to guess that's the machine that does all the SureSmile stuff.

Visit this site is you're curious enough:
http://www.suresmile.com/

Hope this helps at all! :D

graciesmom

#4 Post by graciesmom »

Comfortable?? A little too early to tell..lol! The front ones are alright but all of the side brackets have really sharp hooks on them. I am making use of the wax that's for sure. But it has gotten better, I am down to just using it on a couple of brackets now. My teeth are still a little tender in spots, they said it would be for a little over a week then should be fine.

Margie

#5 Post by Margie »

I have speed braces, so far I have had them for almost 10 months now. My appointments have been really spread out, my ortho said that once it comes to the end of the treatment I will have to go in more often. My appointment times have ranged from 2 months between appointments to 5 months.

I would say that they are pretty comfortable, they are smaller than traditional brackets so that is a bonus.

My insurance isn't covering any of the cost which is disappointing, but my insurance plan wouldn't cover any type of braces so that didn't factor in my decision to go with those.

Click on the link in my signature to read my story if you want more information in my case!

Good luck in your journey!

graciesmom

#6 Post by graciesmom »

Thanks for sgaring your story! iT is much too soon for me to notice any changes but I can't wait to see something :) The insurance we have doesn't cover adult ortho either but it does our kids if and when..they are only 1 and 3 right now!
Wish you continued success and look forward to following your story :)

I am still finding some of the brackets real sharp...loving the wax right now!

closingmygap

#7 Post by closingmygap »

hello i just got braced tpday with speed braces!!! so far so good Im so excited to follow your journey!!!