Second day with braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MegP60+

Second day with braces

#1 Post by MegP60+ »

Finally got braced yesterday and so far so good! I have not had discomfort to this point, although I have been staying with soft foods like soup and yoghurt. Only braced on the upper teeth at this point. It's surprised me that although I was self-conscious about smiling with my crooked teeth, I am not self-conscious about my braces. Probably because I am doing something positive I have always wanted to do. Looking forward to dropping 10 lbs with the soft food diet!

catgyrl

#2 Post by catgyrl »

Welcome, and Congratulations!!

I, too, smile more with my braces than I did without them - and my teeth weren't really THAT bad to begin with. We better smile - with all the $$$ we're forking out for this.

In a day or so, you may want to start experimenting with chewing; nothing super-hard, but maybe a piece of soggy toast, or some pasta, just so you get used to the chewing motion. It also helps get your blood circulating and helps you heal quicker. Don't be surprised if your bite is all over the place. I've had my braces for just over a month, and my bite changes day to day. Tried chewing sugarless gum, and it just doesn't work for me. I end up smacking it like a cow chewing its cud. :lol:

Have you taken pics? It's a great way to follow your progress.

-Cathy

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#3 Post by blindboarder2008 »

congratz on taking the plunge and Welcome aboard!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

llehsal

#4 Post by llehsal »

Nice! I will be taking the plunge in a little less than a month, and funny enough, I am excited....bare in mind I'm twenty five years old and single...lol...and I'm excited about being braced... :lol:

keep us posted on your progress :D

Donna

#5 Post by Donna »

Congratulations Meg, and welcome to the forum!!

llehsal

#6 Post by llehsal »

Donna, your avatar makes me laugh everytime I see it! :lol:

cosmo

#7 Post by cosmo »

wooho congrats! My uppers were just like that I didn't feel anything the first day but the 2 and 3 day woah! I totally did so be sure to take tylenol or something. I am so gald you did this. I too smile moe with braces even though they are still crooked I guess after all these years of wanting them I am so proud because I know what my end result is going to be and that is going to be a huge confidence booster :)

My Brace Story:
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
1st Adjustment: 6/12/10-wire .014, top n bottom

follow my blog @ http://www.honneyinthesun.com

a*young*51

#8 Post by a*young*51 »

Hi, congratulations on the start of your new journey, be kind to yourself and enjoy the ride!