Two weeks in....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Leyfy

Two weeks in....

#1 Post by Leyfy »

...and some movement!

Very pleased!

Top one is day of bracing
Second one is one week in
Bottom one is two weeks in (today).

Image[/img]

yoginbraces

Nice progress!

#2 Post by yoginbraces »

Wow, what amazing progress and so fast! ! !

How long do you expect to be in braces?

I received my braces yesterday and already I feel my teeth loosening.

Thanks for posting your pics. Your progress gives me encouragement! :)

MegP60+

Two weeks in

#3 Post by MegP60+ »

Wow, what amazing progress in two weeks. Can't say I am seeing this much progress, good for you!

Leyfy

#4 Post by Leyfy »

Thanks for the positive comments :D

I am expected to be in braces for two years. My top teeth are mostly ok, just a slight overbite, but my bottom front teeth have collapsed inwards with moderate crowding so they will take a bit more moving! My overjet is currently 10mm, but the ortho thinks she can reduce it to 5mm.

I am now wondering if the top brace will come off before the bottom one - something to ask at the next appointment.

My bite is fine, its just my front teeth, so its case of moving them where they should be.

hal2me

#5 Post by hal2me »

Looking good Leyfy!

It's amazing how much movement occurs in a short amount of time!

Leyfy

Update!!

#6 Post by Leyfy »

Ok, I had my 3rd adjustment yesterday, and I have progressed onto a thicker wire on the top.

Here is my picture 2 months and 3 weeks in.....

Still a hefty overjet, and the ortho said I am making good progress :)