Back in elastics again :(, but got a debanding window!:):):)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

uvraise

Back in elastics again :(, but got a debanding window!:):):)

#1 Post by uvraise »

So I'm back in elastics now for the second time. The first was about 6 months long with 5 different configurations. This time it's class 3 triangles. This is the most painful configuration yet. Between the alterations to my wires and having molar to molar power chains on top and bottom, I'm in a lot of pain!
The good news is my ortho says I will get the braces off between Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! I CAN"T WAIT!!! Thanks for reading!

yoginbraces

#2 Post by yoginbraces »

Hang in there! You are almost there!

macgirl4ever

#3 Post by macgirl4ever »

You an I have been braced almost the same amount of time! I hope I'm just as lucky as you! Imagine, no braceface for Christmas (or in my case Hannukkah)! Just keep up with those elastics! I know they hurt (it's almost like starting all over again) but keep thinking that each day you wear them consistently, the closer you are to the Nov/Dec deadline!
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

blindboarder2008
Location: in a house that has 4 walls, with lots of rooms!!! in Canada!

#4 Post by blindboarder2008 »

that is awesome that you have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel!!!!! Sorry to hear about all of the pain you are having from the elastics!!!! Time will fly by!!
Braced: March 19th 2008
Impacted wisdom teeth extraction surgery: June 20th 2008 1pm (13 hours of fasting)
Jaw surgery (upper and lower)Lefort 1 with Madable Advancement: June 2nd 2009 @8am!!!! 1 surgery down 2 surgeries to go!!
debrace day: jan 18th 2010!!!! *has 2 fixed retainers and an essix retainer for night time now!

Jethro

#5 Post by Jethro »

I feel your pain UV...I've had heavy elastics for the past year in various configs (box, triangle, classIII, etc.). Hope you've gotten some relief by now. Best of luck to you in getting set free before Christmas!

jambo532

#6 Post by jambo532 »

I'm so excited to start my bands. hopefully when I go in next week I will get to. I know they will hurt but my bite is horrible. Hang in there.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

uvraise

#7 Post by uvraise »

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. It's actually better now that a week has gone by. But even when I take them out to eat and then replace them there's a new added pressure. I guess this configuration will take longer to move my teeth than previous ones.