random teeth getting sore

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

believer1964

random teeth getting sore

#1 Post by believer1964 »

When I bite down to chew , noticed a tooth feeling very sore that wasnt sore before. It does not ache or hurt --only when chewing on it.

Does that mean something is going wrong or does it mean the tooth trying to move?

its a bottom tooth on the side that has a plate with a bracket on top of it.

believer1964

i called my orthodontist

#2 Post by believer1964 »

was told it is very normal to have random teeth all of a sudden be very sore out of the blue...was told the wires are continuoulsly working and causing this... she even said the soreness can shift around to different sides of the one tooth or make the other one sore.

it is just so sore when i put biting pressure on it. (doesnt hurt at all unless i put biting pressue on it) ..

i should have asked how long will it last.

abaglady

#3 Post by abaglady »

Hi there,

I have had a similar thing with my front teeth. Actually it has started up again today. The last time it happened it was for 3 or 4 days, nasty pain in bottom front tooth when biting down and kind of sore to touch my gum below it. It eased off and the upper one opposite started hurting in the same way, again for a few days. I think a lot of people have the same experience of pain moving around. Seemed to be a bit of movement a couple of days after the pain went (I had a tiny gap I could get an interdental brush into, whereas before there was no way that was possible). So, just see it as a positive thing that your wires are doing their job.

Good luck!

believer1964

yes, as long as it is normal im ok with it

#4 Post by believer1964 »

i just thought maybe the braces causing some problems w/ my teeth and they could fall out or something.

Theresa48

#5 Post by Theresa48 »

Yes, I have random teeth hurt at different times.

I have begun chewing gum on and off, and this seems to help. I don't know why they say not to chew gum...it is not a big deal. (sugarless, of course..)

Sometimes I will wake up and a tooth will be aching out of the blue...told this is normal, they are settling into their new places I guess...

miggins

#6 Post by miggins »

I also get random tooth soreness and oddly, random tooth sensitivity. My bottom right molar has been very sensitive to hot food/drinks for about 2 weeks. The first time it happened coincided with a check up with the dentist who reassured me that it was just down to tooth movement and nothing more sinister.