Yoga made my tooth tightness go away

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luchababe

Yoga made my tooth tightness go away

#1 Post by luchababe »

I am in wonderful shock right now. :shock:

I wasn't even going to go to yoga because I wasn't feeling so hot and my teeth had that tight, numb feeling and getting worse throughout the day. But it was my first class with braces and I was curious how the upside down poses would feel.

After my first down dog ( http://www.yogatic.com/wp-content/uploa ... -pose2.jpg ) I thought my head was going to pop off due to the pressure. But after each head-upside-down pose the ache and tightness in my teeth and gums slowly disappeared! It's like the throbbing tightness in there was the need for more blood to circulate. Now that I've really let the blood flow to my head if feel so much better! If before class the discomfort was a 10, I'm now at a 2 two hours later. I'll post again here in the morning to share if the effect has lasted.

I know for sure the next time I have that tight achey feeling I'll be sitting with my head upside between my knees for a while!

yoginbraces

#2 Post by yoginbraces »

Thanks for posting this! I have yoga on Thursday and was just thinking that it might be a good idea to skip it bcuz I had so more work done today and my mouth is throbbing but now I think I might go. Please let me know how you feel in the morning. Namaste.

fleur26

#3 Post by fleur26 »

i had my first class on monday night and was a little worried something would feel funny but it was good. i dont think i have a few dental appointments on the same days as my yoga classes for general treatment but dont think i'll stop going unless my body tells me otherwise you never know it may even make me feel better :) yoga is gr8.

luchababe

#4 Post by luchababe »

Well, it's the morning after and my teeth feel the best they have since getting braced. That tight feeling is all but gone and I'm starting to get feeling back into the numb teeth. I started to have this weird tight numb feeling in the roof of my mouth and that's gone too. I even managed to bite into an english muffin with my front teeth instead of hacking at it with the side of my mouth this morning. It could just be time for things to settle down but I'm putting my money on the yoga for making me feeling better. I hope everyone who does yoga and braces has a good experience!

fleur26

#5 Post by fleur26 »

all good news :) how long have you been practising yoga?

luchababe

#6 Post by luchababe »

fleur26 wrote:all good news :) how long have you been practising yoga?
About two years now. Once a week for an hour. I really enjoy it and know that I know it will help my discomfort, I'll enjoy it more!

fleur26

#7 Post by fleur26 »

i do mine for an hour a week too. only been at yoga for 5 or so months now but before that i practised pilates weekly for an hour for three years. i like yoga though, it helps so much to relieve stress, :)