NHS waiting list question?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bubsy08

NHS waiting list question?

#1 Post by bubsy08 »

If I ring up the hospital that I will be having the treatment at, will they tell me where I am on the list?

venom

#2 Post by venom »

i see your last post was june 09 so where are you on your progress?

bubsy08

#3 Post by bubsy08 »

venom wrote:i see your last post was june 09 so where are you on your progress?
Still waiting for braces

Loztredders

#4 Post by Loztredders »

I'd say it's definatly worth a try to ring them up and ask, they probably will give you a rough estimate of waiting time rather than tell you exactly where you are on the list. I have been told that the wait for nhs orthodontics for adults can be up to three years though, depending on which area of the UK you're in.

lu lu

#5 Post by lu lu »

Loztredders wrote:I have been told that the wait for nhs orthodontics for adults can be up to three years though, depending on which area of the UK you're in.
I didn't think you could get it done free of charge as an adult. Only children :shock:
For my Braces Story - with photos click here
Wearing Lower Ceramic Brace / Upper Lingual Brace (Incognito) / Sentence 18 - 24 months

Emmauk

#6 Post by Emmauk »

You can have it done through the nhs if you meet certain criteria, if your interested look on the nhs site and it gives measurements to put you into a "serious" category, my bite was i think 13mm out.

I am well entitled to the nhs braces but didnt want to wait 2 more years and also the braces would be metal which i didnt want.

bubsy08

#7 Post by bubsy08 »

i have a 10mm overbite so will be having braces and surgery to move my bottom jaw forward, I had an op to remove my bottom wisdom teeth and 2 others on the bottom, then I went back and they said I am ready for braces, i am now on the waiting list.