Bring upper jaw forward

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Catia

Bring upper jaw forward

#1 Post by Catia »

Hello!

About 15 years ago I was treated for crowding and overbite. I had four pre-molar extractions and my upper teeth were moved inwards. I started having problems with my bite after this. It’s just always felt weird since then plus there’s not enough room for my tongue. I have done a lot of research and it seems like they should’ve moved my lower jaw forward instead. Because of this I suspect that my upper jaw is now too far back as well.

Is there a way to bring the upper jaw forward with some sort of appliance or would I need surgery? Anybody else here with experience from something similar?

poppy123

Re: Bring upper jaw forward

#2 Post by poppy123 »

Elastics maybe? The configuration of elastics either works to bring your Lower jaw forward or vice versa, but as many people on here will point out, surgery would be needed if it's a skeletal issue. You'd need to be braced top and bottom also. Your best bet is to get a consultation, mine was free. Good luck x