Spacers

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chiara

Spacers

#1 Post by Chiara »

So this is day 2 in spacers and they are killing me. I have a total of 6 in and they hurt so bad that I just want to rip my whole mouth out. Any advice?
Leforte I maxillary osteo and Genioplasty(Surgery date- June 5, 2013)
[/url]
[/url]

Ellebraced

Re: Spacers

#2 Post by Ellebraced »

Yes spacers SUCK, they are evil. They get kinda better but really the only good news is braces is a lot less painful.

I would say ADVIL/TYLENOL combo every 4 hours might help, that's what I do for pain.

Hang in there, and congrats on starting your journey!!!!

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

ladyksilver

#3 Post by ladyksilver »

Wow, so sorry ur in pain. I'm sure it will get better in a couple days. I got spacers put in today and I'm feeling no pain- pressure, but no pain. I did take a Motrin after I got home from the ortho- we'll see tomorrow. I have rubber band spacers and metal spring spacers. They ended up having to put in the metal spring spacers because my teeth were so tight. I go back Friday morning to have the metal springs replaced with the rubber band spacers...whew, but no pain, thank goodness!!

clangjr

#4 Post by clangjr »

Call me crazy, but I enjoyed the spacers. Not the pain, not the pressure, not the feeling of loose teeth. I enjoyed the feeling that it was the start of a very positive journey for me. I did it for me. Not for anyone else. I am always doing things for my family, for work, etc., and it is very infrequent that I do something just for me.

Chiara

#5 Post by Chiara »

Thanks guys. It's gotten better today, I'm just having to eat soft foods. I feel like such a baby lol I wasn't expecting for them to hurt like that.
[/url]
[/url]

Beauty is Pain

#6 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Me too! I got them on yesterday, didn't hurt till late last night and now I am on a soft food diet. Can't eat anything hard! Ahh

monalisamay

#7 Post by monalisamay »

I had my elastic spacers put in last Wednesday and they're extremely uncomfortable to the point that I wanted to yank them out and stop the whole braces process. The first two days were the worst because I had a lot of pain and the feeling of tightness in my mouth. Today is the fourth day and I still can't it food without cutting it into small pieces so that I can swallow it. Spacers are the devil's invention imo

Roboto

#8 Post by Roboto »

Ditto, ditto, aaaand ditto!

Chiara

#9 Post by Chiara »

After about the 4th day I couldn't feel them anymore. Thank God that part is over. I just kept thinking "If I can't take these things between my teeth how in the hell am I gonna take having my jaw and chin broken" Thank goodness for pain meds and protein shakes!!
[/url]
[/url]