6 week appointment - some questions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Doubledice

6 week appointment - some questions

#1 Post by Doubledice »

So i just had my 6 week checkup with my orthodontist and because the hygenist told me it would probably be a wire change i was curious but nothing interesting like that happened :( she just checked to see how things where going and reminded me about how important it is to keep my teeth clean, which i am doing. However she mentioned to me that I shouldn't be using mouth wash, which confused me as I was given a bottle at the start of my treatment, so now i'm apprehensive to use it. She just said, clean with a small amount of tooth paste no bigger than a pea. Has anyone else here been told not to use mouthwash?

Crazy4Snow

Re: 6 week appointment - some questions

#2 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Nope, I was even told which is the best one to use. Go figure.

I'm suprised that they didn't even switch out your ligs.

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

Huggypillow

#3 Post by Huggypillow »

no.... my ortho just said not to use mouthwash with alcohol in it, I use a cap-ful of mouthwash in my waterpik water.

And as for me I think I use too much toothpaste.... but most of my goes down the sink anyway..

Maybe you should remind them that they gave you the mouthwash, take it and show them and see what they say.. it would be interesting.

Doubledice

#4 Post by Doubledice »

lol well i'm still using it, i know i know even though she told me not too, it just feels weird not having a cleaner feeling after brushing. yeah in another 6 weeks apparently she will so stuff with the braces, right now my two front teeth and left front tooth are really sensative to touch, not achy but weird.

PrincessLea

#5 Post by PrincessLea »

I buy a mouthwash that's specifically designed for people going through orthodontic treatment. Not sure where you are from but in UK in Boots they sell their own!