16 week update (PICS)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kennyandrew85

16 week update (PICS)

#1 Post by kennyandrew85 »

Hi all, pics showing progress of 16 weeks (you need to log in to see them), (2nd adjustment) looking better every morning at the moment! got a slight gap opening up from my last adjustment where i had twisted wires attached to my canines to pull them back to make room, those have been removed with a thicker wire placed to fill up the new room.

Really pleased so far, every adjustment I get a day or so of slight pain but only if you bite into anything like a hard baguette etc
You'll have to excuse the ipad camera, i'm not that purple, nor are my teeth that white! (although I'll definitely be getting some whitening done, only 20 months to go..!!!!)
photo-2.JPG
photo-3.JPG
photo 08-11a.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kennyandrew85 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

kennyandrew85

Re: 16 week update (PICS)

#2 Post by kennyandrew85 »

Not sure why it's attached itself sideways grrr,
Anyway, attached another from below to show how that tooth has moved out the way
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.

mims

#3 Post by mims »

I cannot see the photos, it keeps sending me the msg "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

Jenn B

#4 Post by Jenn B »

Wow!!! Amazing progress so far!!!

kennyandrew85

#5 Post by kennyandrew85 »

Thanks :-) if anyone can't see the pics you need to log in at the top of the page then it should work

klobird

#6 Post by klobird »

WOW!! Kenny--that is amazing progress!! You must be so happy!

ArchWired28

#7 Post by ArchWired28 »

WoW this is just AMAZING! Are you almost done? :lol:
Would you mind me asking if you have had extractions done?
And also on the pre-treatment pics it looks like you had kind of a slanted jaw? Or is it just an impression?
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

kennyandrew85

#8 Post by kennyandrew85 »

ArchWired28 wrote:WoW this is just AMAZING! Are you almost done? :lol:
Would you mind me asking if you have had extractions done?
And also on the pre-treatment pics it looks like you had kind of a slanted jaw? Or is it just an impression?
Thanks for the comments, nah my jaw is fine just my teeth were that bad! The bottom was bad too with teeth overlapping, I've got a long way to go, 2 years in total! I did have extractions yep, 4 of them all premolars. I think I had 2 extractions just before the first pic so my lip is kind of throbbing making my jaw look squint lol

LoveOrtho

#9 Post by LoveOrtho »

:shock: AMAZING!!! Such a huge difference! You must be so happy :D.

Congrats!
LoveOrtho
Braced since September 25th 2009!
Deband date: February 7th 2012
Getting retainer: February 9th 2012

ArchWired28

#10 Post by ArchWired28 »

kennyandrew85 wrote: I did have extractions yep, 4 of them all premolars.
It's interesting how you had 4 teeth extracted and still, your upper arch looks so much wider now - as if you have added the teeth and not extracted them :mrgreen:
Congrats on your progress! 8)
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

kennyandrew85

#11 Post by kennyandrew85 »

ArchWired28 wrote:
kennyandrew85 wrote: I did have extractions yep, 4 of them all premolars.
It's interesting how you had 4 teeth extracted and still, your upper arch looks so much wider now - as if you have added the teeth and not extracted them :mrgreen:
Congrats on your progress! 8)
Haha thanks, I think my teeth were all hiding behind each other! I still have gaps to close but I don't think my smile will get any thinner, I was worried about my face being a worse shape after extractions but seems to have improved so far :-)

TinkB

#12 Post by TinkB »

WOW!!!! You have had great progress so far!!!! :D
Metal brackets & 4 bands on May 12, 2011
4 Premolars Extracted on May 20, 2011
Fully braced on May 25, 2011
My sentence - 24 to 30 months

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=39348

Sandpiper

#13 Post by Sandpiper »

Stunning progress for just 16 weeks - many congratulations!! You must be delighted!!
471 days in braces

[/url]

loradora

#14 Post by loradora »

Your teeth are looking great Kenny.

Rach44

#15 Post by Rach44 »

Your teeth look absolutely amazing!

Estimated Treatment Time: 30 Months