waterpik waterpik yaaay

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CountessDeSangre

waterpik waterpik yaaay

#1 Post by CountessDeSangre »

I ordered a Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser from amazon and it just arrived! YAAY!

Now how the heck does it work? More importantly where does it fit in the toothbrushing session?

My current session:
Rinse rinse rinse rinse
proxi brush
orthodontic toothbrush
proxi brush
mouthwash
threader floss

This is my waterpik

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

Newguy2

Re: waterpik waterpik yaaay

#2 Post by Newguy2 »

I like to use my waterpik before I do anything else because I feel like it gets my teeth ready to be cleaned. I say just make sure you do it before you brush. If you do it after brushing you could be washing away the protective fluoride on your teeth.

ashesgap

#3 Post by ashesgap »

I use my RediBreeze before I floss and then again after I've brushed. So it's the first thing I use and then the last thing. I also use it anytime I eat, instead of brushing after every meal or snack. This way I'm not brushing five times a day, but my teeth are always clean. It's obviously working since my cleaning last month only took 15 minutes, and she said my teeth were almost spotless. Just be sure to continue flossing, because the WaterPik does not replace that.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

Snowglobe32

#4 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I have the same one and love it!

I waterpik, floss, brush, waterpik again, then mouthwash.

quiggle

#5 Post by quiggle »

it can get messy using it for the first time, especially with water splattering onto the mirror but you will get adjusted to it. just make sure from time to time you clean the gunk that gets inside the crevices of the side of the handle, it seemed to release the water must faster when I did.

catgyrl

#6 Post by catgyrl »

Snowglobe32 is my twin...

I have the exact same Waterpik, and I follow the exact same routine as she does! That waterpik is a godsend.

Robot Teeth

#7 Post by Robot Teeth »

I just got this same one too. Love it. Must-have.

But I don't need to abide by any routine. I just use it when I want to, usually after I eat and just want to blast the food out of my braces. And sometimes before and sometimes after brushing or mouthwashing.

CountessDeSangre

#8 Post by CountessDeSangre »

Thank you everyone!! I'll try to remember all of this! <3

Mauvaise

#9 Post by Mauvaise »

I just bought that same Waterpik! Also from Amazon. I haven't taken it out of the box yet because my current bathroom is minuscule. I bought it just for my braces because the office manager at my orthodontist office swears by them, especially for people with braces.

I'm a little intimidated by it, I must admit. But I'll crack the box as soon as I move (end of this month) and have counter space in my new bathroom.

I think I'll follow the pik, floss, brush, pik, mouthwash (for me fluoride rinse) routine. That sounds like a good one. My god, it's going to take me 45 minutes to get ready for bed, isn't it?

Robot Teeth

#10 Post by Robot Teeth »

Mauvaise, you're killin' me!

Bust it out!

ashesgap

#11 Post by ashesgap »

Mauvaise~ from beginning to end I'm at about 25 minutes.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

CountessDeSangre

#12 Post by CountessDeSangre »

Well this is great fun! I might not have gotten the hang of it yet but this waterpik certainly brings out my inner child, splashing around in my bathroom! When I finally managed to get the jet to the right spot it felt a little odd and a lot tickly! I might need more practice with it but so far I love my waterpik! :-*
Mauvaise wrote:I just bought that same Waterpik! Also from Amazon. I haven't taken it out of the box yet because my current bathroom is minuscule. I bought it just for my braces because the office manager at my orthodontist office swears by them, especially for people with braces.

I'm a little intimidated by it, I must admit. But I'll crack the box as soon as I move (end of this month) and have counter space in my new bathroom.

I think I'll follow the pik, floss, brush, pik, mouthwash (for me fluoride rinse) routine. That sounds like a good one. My god, it's going to take me 45 minutes to get ready for bed, isn't it?
Come oooon use it use it! :D