Braces 2 days after extraction

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sweetembraceable

Braces 2 days after extraction

#1 Post by sweetembraceable »

I just got out a premolar (only needed one upper removed.) I am going to the ortho on Thursday to put in my archwire (Already have brackets.) Is that too soon? How long did, those of you who had your premolars out, wait?

TinkB

Re: Braces 2 days after extraction

#2 Post by TinkB »

6 days and I had all 4 first premolars removed.

On day 5, I found out I had dry socket in one of my top extraction sites. I called the ortho's office to let them know because I was scared they would make me wait for my wires. Ortho said that if I was feeling up to added the archwires, she was fine too.
Metal brackets & 4 bands on May 12, 2011
4 Premolars Extracted on May 20, 2011
Fully braced on May 25, 2011
My sentence - 24 to 30 months

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=39348

Mauvaise

#3 Post by Mauvaise »

sweetembraceable wrote:I just got out a premolar (only needed one upper removed.) I am going to the ortho on Thursday to put in my archwire (Already have brackets.) Is that too soon? How long did, those of you who had your premolars out, wait?

I'm waiting two weeks. Had all four premolars removed (firsts on top, seconds on bottom) on 8/5, braces in two days.

My orthodontist office said that a lot of the time people do the extractions and install on the same day. :shock: I can't imagine that as I wouldn't want to deal with both kinds of pain at once, but apparently in terms of performing the actual work, there is no such thing as too soon.
In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053

sweetembraceable

#4 Post by sweetembraceable »

I'm not in any pain, thankfully. And my Novocain lasted 5 hours (I had 4 shots to numb me.) So I'm okay. I just want to get my archwire and get started on my journey!

loradora

#5 Post by loradora »

I had a lower front tooth removed and the wires were put on the following day. I was also anxious to get going.

CountessDeSangre

#6 Post by CountessDeSangre »

I got short wires first. then removed upper first premolars. two weeks later removed lower first premolars, one week later went to ortho and got long archwires that fit to my molar bands

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

lambchop

#7 Post by lambchop »

I had two top premolars removed and seven days later went in for braces. I had the impressions done on brace day, and the suction of the mold was a little rough when it was removed...there was some blood involved. (I felt bad for the young girl making the impressions.)I mentioned it to my ortho and he took a peek and thought the clot still looked good, so he went ahead and gave me a full mouth of metal! Impressions not withstanding, I can see not needing to wait long at all, especially since you already have your brackets...

str8teethby30

#8 Post by str8teethby30 »

I had a premolar removed the day that I got braces; they just didn't put a lot of pressure on that area, I think. No problems.