brace date question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CountessDeSangre

brace date question

#1 Post by CountessDeSangre »

So I've been reading the forums and signatures and I noticed something in various tickers. The bracing date for upper teeth and lower teeth for some people differ anywhere from a week to 2 or more months.

WHY IS THAT??

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

tackybrackets

Re: brace date question

#2 Post by tackybrackets »

HI! thats a good question :) I do not know all reasons but i can tell you why mine were 6 weeks apart. first of all i have a very deep bite where when i smile my bottom teeth werent even visible. Now the reason i didnt get mine on the same day is because they wanted to get my top teeth started and work on rounding my arch.. which took about 4 weeks, they would have put bottom braces on right then but because of the deep bite they needed to take an impression for a bite plate that would keep my top teeth from biting down on my bottom brackets. they took impression at week 4 and 2 weeks later the bite plate was ready and they then put my bottom braces on.

I also like to think that some orthodontists like to bring you gradually into braces to make it easier and less painful on you. If you were to get all of them at once im sure the pain would be pretty bad. But thats just my theory :) Hope that answered your question without confusing you too much!

drgnchsr36

Re: brace date question

#3 Post by drgnchsr36 »

Mine were different for the same reason as tackybrackets. I have a really deep bite, and my top teeth slanted inwards so there was no space to put the lower brackets on yet. My top teeth had to move before the bottom brackets could be placed and even then, I was / am still stuck with molar buildups so I don't hit the bottom brackets.

I think it just depends on your bite, I'm not really sure of the other reasons.