When did you start noticing a change?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sweetembraceable

When did you start noticing a change?

#1 Post by sweetembraceable »

People are telling me there's a change already (Got braces August 18th and been adjusted once.) I kind of agree! My teeth aren't as bucky and there's some space where there wasn't any. Is it possible?! When did you (or others) notice some change? :mrgreen:

Snowglobe32

Re: When did you start noticing a change?

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I don't remember exactly when I first noticed changes, I just know that it was early on. I would say probably within the first 1-2 months.

klobird

#3 Post by klobird »

Well, I have the buckys, and one person noticed change after about 2 months. I didn't see anything. Then come about 3 months and I started seeing some possible changes. The 4 months and OMG!!! :o My buckys have gone from 10mm to 4mm in 4 months!! It is soooo cool. I feel like telling the ortho "OK, I'm done!" :-*

Just wait...be patient...being in these for 2yrs pretty much gives you no other choice....but you will start seeing mega changes and oh man is is cool!!!

AM21

#4 Post by AM21 »

I started noticing minor changes about 3 weeks in. Even though the changes were minor, I was so happy. Now at almost 2 months, my two front teeth aren't as bucked and my lowers don't overlap each other nearly as much! It's so wonderful! :D
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

nifer237

#5 Post by nifer237 »

I'd say about 3 weeks after, I noticed. I had crowding and protruding 2 front teeth and he told me they may actually get "buckier" prior to them moving, since braces pull your teeth out. I take photos every month of the progress and looking back to the first few months, I thought they were so straight, but with each month that goes by I see even better results. I just had a visit today and he told me how fast my teeth move, I may not have to go the whole estimated treatment time!

I'm praying that happens. 2 months early or whatever they can do would be like Christmas!

CountessDeSangre

#6 Post by CountessDeSangre »

My friends have been telling me that they see a visible difference 8 weeks into my treatment but I didn't actually see any visible progress until 2months and 3 weeks in. My teeth are slooooow

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

jamsmak04

#7 Post by jamsmak04 »

I am a little over 3 weeks in. At the beginning of my treatment I had a crooked archwire on my bottom teeth and now the wire is straight. I just noticed it a couple of days ago so I already see a bit of change. To look at my teeth I see no change but in the wire I do. Also my teeth a whiter from all the brushing lol.
Braced on Sept 9/11
In-ovation C uppers
In-ovation R lowers

sweetembraceable

#8 Post by sweetembraceable »

I went to the dentist (hygienist for a cleaning) today and he came in and was impressed. He said my teeth look much less crowded. My boyfriend, friends and family were telling me that, but to hear it from the dentist made me smile. :HugeGrin: