My teeth are loose.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BracedSurgeryStudent

My teeth are loose.

#1 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

hey my two front teeth feel like they're going to fall right out of my mouth. they're sooooo unbelieveably LOOSE. I'm scared to bite into anything. I do have my wires in yes. I would call my orthodonitst's office tomrorow but they're not open until Monday. And I don't want topage her jsut to ask her that. So I was wondering if someone here could tell me if that's normal my teeth feel REALLY loose. IM SCARED! :( Will they fall out?
Jenn Medeiros

AM21

Re: My teeth are loose.

#2 Post by AM21 »

It's ok ,It's totally normal. When I first got braces, my teeth were pretty loose too. It'l l get better and no, your teeth won't fall out either. =)
Last edited by AM21 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

BracedSurgeryStudent

#3 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

AM21 wrote:It's totally normal. When I first got braces, my teeth were pretty loose too. It'll get better and no, your teeth won't fall out either. =)

Wooo hoo thanks so much :) So I can still chew things? well normal orthodontic patient type food lol. It was just really freaky and I did not mention it to her at my last visit. It was jsut really scary but thanks again for ressuring me. :)
Jenn Medeiros

AM21

#4 Post by AM21 »

You're welcome. Yeah, you can still chew things but it'll probably be hard to bite with your front teeth. So it's best to cut food up into smaller pieces and chew with your back teeth.
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

BracedSurgeryStudent

#5 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Jenn Medeiros

londug

#6 Post by londug »

my ortho said that's pretty normal. the tissues around the teeth get soft from the movement and will firm up again once the teeth are in place. i've had different loose teeth in the almost 3 years of braces and it's still scary!

belistic10

#7 Post by belistic10 »

omg yeah some of my teeth feel wobbly sometimes, feels so weird it a bit freaky :shock:

pinaypie

#8 Post by pinaypie »

OMG I totally get it! Some of my teeth especially the molars are moving up and down and side to side! It feels so sore and so loose and I feel like they're gonna fall out of my mouth hahahahhaa

BracedSurgeryStudent

#9 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Yeah they're not as loose as as they were anymore but my orthodontist said it can a few different things:

1. The braces working.
2. Stress ( like clenching or grinding the teeth)
Jenn Medeiros