I'm sure this is bad...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BrAcEfAcE4547

I'm sure this is bad...

#1 Post by BrAcEfAcE4547 »

Right now I am going through a lot of irritation of my cheeks from my brackets. As a result I am using lots of "wax". It is kind of a pain to put it on what with having to dry the bracket, tooth, etc. As a result I tend to keep it on for as long as it will stay. Sometimes it lasts through eating and brushing. I have the feeling that there is probably a lot of junk being trapped and left under there... I am guessing that I should take it out and replace it more often huh? :cry:

Roboto

Re: I'm sure this is bad...

#2 Post by Roboto »

I do the same thing. I try to eat less messy foods so that I don't have to worry so much about things getting stuck and having to brush as much, but I totally leave the wax in even if I do. (I end up eating it half the time anyway)... just swish with water when you're done. It's such a hassle to try and get the wax positioned just right! I'm sure it's bad to do but it usually isn't a permanent thing so I figure a couple days can't hurt my teeth too badly (famous last words?)

klobird

#3 Post by klobird »

Wow---I guess I'm not as tolerant as you guys!! I didn't need wax for a long time, then recently had to start using it again. I take it out when I eat or brush, but since it's been so long, I am forgetting constantly that it's there. So, I keep swallowing it....I think it's disgusting when I swallow it.... :FeelSick:

But, taking it out or swallowing it--you're still going to have to replace the wax.... :roll:

What's really bad is forgetting about the elastics. When I try to brush and forget they are there, my toothbrush gets all tangled in them. And when I eat and forget they are there, I either swallow them (major :FeelSick: ) or they get lost in my mouth :yuck: and I have to fish them out...... :ThumbsDown:

Roboto

#4 Post by Roboto »

haha klobird, I do the same thing with elastics.

Cassandra

#5 Post by Cassandra »

There is a braces guard type thing, like a gel strip you put over the braces. I think it's available from the dentakit site? Seems like that might help you.

BrAcEfAcE4547

#6 Post by BrAcEfAcE4547 »

Has anybody used any of the mouth guard products? I posted about the strips a while back and about the plastic guard that fits over the archwire but hadn't heard back about whether the strips stayed on... anyone have any feedback on either?