Straight teeth going crooked with brace - starting to panic

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lisa78

Straight teeth going crooked with brace - starting to panic

#1 Post by lisa78 »

HELP!

There isn't much straightening up required with my top teeth, I am only really braced to pull down an impacted canine but the dentist dis say he may pull one of my teeth forward a bit as it;s always been set back a bit. I noticed a few weeks ago the tooth he was moving forward has moved really well and looks so much nicer. However, the tooth on the opposite side (next to the canine that's being pull in) has started to move backwards and it was perfectly straight before!! I'm panicking that my I'm going to need more treatment to straighten teeth that were previously straight :(

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: Straight teeth going crooked with brace - starting to p

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

No thats normal. The braces are moving the teeth aorund to accomidate space for that canine to come down with the other teeth. The teeth will restraighten. The ortho knows all about it that how Orthodonture works. Give it time and patience. Your will will become straight once again.
Jenn Medeiros

BBQ Grill

#3 Post by BBQ Grill »

Yup....what he/she said....... It's gets ugly before it gets nice...lol

BracedSurgeryStudent

#4 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Thanks how its doing it for my lower set of teeth :) I'm fine with it because the ortho already took that into consideration when mapping out my treatment plan so it shouldn't be longer than what she said. Just make sure you wear your elastics and stuff or your treatment WILL be longer.
Jenn Medeiros

Webtheman

#5 Post by Webtheman »

Before braces, my teeth looked bad. After 5 months, they looked horrible. My orthodontist told me it would happen and he was right. I'm not worried though because I know my teeth will look great in a few short months.