erm... popped wire!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhuj

erm... popped wire!

#1 Post by rhuj »

Hullo! I really hope someone can give me some advice. I just ate something crunchy and the back of my brace felt funny. So had a wee look-see and my wire had came out of the first bracket and bent. I managed to push it back in but now my teeth feel strange. Not overly but like they moved? Can I wait till my next appointment seeing as I got the wire back in or should I get it checked? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance! :|

BBQ Grill

Re: erm... popped wire!

#2 Post by BBQ Grill »

Call Ur ortho or go in n tell them..... That's part of the plan.... But if it becomes a habit...they will charge u extra lol

lambchop

#3 Post by lambchop »

I've done it several times in my 4 months (currently) in braces. It was always the bottom wire; for a while I had two wires (!) on the bottom, and I still managed to bend one! I could tell right away that something was up, because my front teeth felt weird... :!: Anyway, if you got it back in, I don't think you have much to worry about...I confessed to my ortho, and he said that the beginning, thin archwires are much more likely to bend (and I don't think there's any way I will be able to bend the thicker one I got yesterday!) and no harm, no foul. Of course, if it'd make you feel better and everyone has the time (or if you think it still feels weird in there), pop on in for a look-see. (Beware the crunchies...and overly large pieces of apple :roll: )

RedQueen

#4 Post by RedQueen »

This never happened to me before, but my suggestion is to call in your ortho's office.
They will have a better solution for you.

Good luck(: