My Progress in 3 Months...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CoryDaniels

My Progress in 3 Months...

#1 Post by CoryDaniels »

I wanted to share the changes my bottom teeth have made....My bottoms needed the most attention...I never realized how much work my bottom teeth actually needed untill I started examining them...here are the changes from Oct 6th -Jan 6th ( 3 Months)

First Pic was taken about a week ago
Second pic was a few days after I got braced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chocolate1978

Re: My Progress in 3 Months...

#2 Post by chocolate1978 »

Nicely rounding. What's with the inner brackets though on your premolar? What's the plan there?
Chocomorsel/Chocolate1978
Here's my braces story
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37838

CoryDaniels

#3 Post by CoryDaniels »

It is my elastic hook. Its to bring my lower pre molars out and my upper premolars in (crossbite)

ArchWired28

#4 Post by ArchWired28 »

Nice progress in just 3 months! And yes, I recognize that crossbite look on your lower teeth, my 1st molars are and the lower has exactly the same twisted look :( My teeth kind of follow the same pattern as yours, nothing breath-taking but rounding is going on.

Do you already see changes in your crossbite? It is hard to tell from looking at your pics, unless you bite down...
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

CoryDaniels

#5 Post by CoryDaniels »

Yes, Honestly I would say in another month or so...it will be pretty much corrected. I can bite down ( i have bite blocks in the rear) and tell that my teeth will lock, just not completely. I am SO impressed with the progress so far....I haven't really been keeping tabs with my top teeth as much since its easier to point the camera downward and be able to see my bottom teeth better.

ArchWired28

#6 Post by ArchWired28 »

Glad that your treatment is working! My crossbite is also correcting, not completely yet and a bit slowly (in my opinion, an ortho disagrees), but hopefully we both will be there in a few months.
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

Crafter

#7 Post by Crafter »

I am also 3 months into braces and the changes I am noticing are soooooo spectacular that I believe that, at this pace, I will be out of braces maybe before the estimate (or at least, right at the estimate).

It is amazing how fast teeth move!

Moxie

#8 Post by Moxie »

I too was really surprised at how quickly things started moving. While the alignment of my bottom teeth is much improved in 4 months, I think the bite issues are what will take considerably more time. Still it is very encouraging to see nice, almost, straight teeth already and makes it easier to stick it out for the long haul to acheive all my goals.

lau

#9 Post by lau »

Congrats- that was fast! i got mine 2 days earlier and still one bottom tooth hasnt moved- little rebel.
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix