One bottom tooth anchoring for pulling two top teeth down?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lingual or nought

One bottom tooth anchoring for pulling two top teeth down?

#1 Post by lingual or nought »

My ortho has give me elastics to pull down my top right lateral incisor and canine by anchoring an elastic to only one bottom tooth.(A canine) Won't the opposite happen?

TMJJill

Re: One bottom tooth anchoring for pulling two top teeth dow

#2 Post by TMJJill »

I'm new to elastics and can't answer your specific question, but I'm currently wearing elastics to erupt a lower molar. My configuration is in a "V" shape hooked to my top two molars and my back lower molar. The tooth I'm trying to erupt is the lower molar that is the bottom of the "V". Seems a bit opposite of what you are describing.

If you are concerned about this, maybe you could call your orthodontist to ask this question specifically.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

ArchWired28

Re: One bottom tooth anchoring for pulling two top teeth dow

#3 Post by ArchWired28 »

lingual or nought wrote:My ortho has give me elastics to pull down my top right lateral incisor and canine by anchoring an elastic to only one bottom tooth.(A canine) Won't the opposite happen?
I would imagine for the front teeth, it is easier for the top teeth to go down rather for a bottom tooth to go up, since the lower front teeth are covered by the uppers. It might have been different for the molars because they go in between each other.
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.